cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card payments coming out more than once a month!

Drew140
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for an account with Public Mobile (40.00 / month) in March and set up auto pay on my credit card when I accessed my account.  The payment for March processed on March 1, 2021 for $45.20 as it should have.

Since then the following payments have been charged to my visa:

March 31, 2021 $45.20 This is correct for April
April 10, 2021 $45.20 This is not correct
April 20, 2021 $45.20 This is not correct
April 30, 2021 $45.20 This is correct for May
May 10, 2021 $45.20 This is not correct

and I just got another text telling me that another payment would be coming out for May.

Could someone look into and correct this error?

Thank you,

Darren Thompson

26 REPLIES 26

@Anonymous 

But if you can put out a fire with a fire extinguisher, why call the fire department?

The onus still lies on the OP's shoulders the way I see it. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Are you paying for 3 accounts in total? Did you have any issues when you first set up your account?

Why have you just discovered this?

and I just got another text telling me that another payment would be coming out for May ..... 20???

What retailer did he activation(s) for you??? Out of curiosity does your credit card show Public Mobile or the retailers name when activated at a retailer? Or does it show 2 times on your credit card per activation? (1 for SIM and 1 for Activating)

@Drew140 wrote:

No just the payments coming out.  I have forwarded to the moderators and they are looking into it....thank you so much for your help!

@Drew140 

Can you screenshot this area for us, please, or just advise us what the amount is displaying in this Available Funds field on your self serve.   Really curious to know if the excess payments are going there...

HALIMACS_0-1621380573445.png

@Drew140 wrote:

No just the payments coming out.  I have forwarded to the moderators and they are looking into it....thank you so much for your help!

@Drew140 ,

If you have another payment card you can use, I would change the credit card you have connected to that one account (I believe you do have) through your Self Serve asap.

And keep an eye out for any other weird credit card transactions.

I am hoping Moderators are acting swiftly with you on this.

You can change your credit card number here, at bottom, left corner.

esjliv_0-1617792002121.png

I agree what @computergeek541  said, there is really no reason why they are charged on different days if the retails accidentally activated multiple times.

@Drew140  it looks to me they are from different accounts for whatever reason.  Did you logon to your Self-Serve and confirm the Payment->Transaction History ?  if you only see one "Automatic Top-up" entry per month, then those other entries are for different accounts.

Or if you see all those entries on your Self-Serve, then it's not bad, Mod can probably explain why and sort out the situation easily.

@Drew140 

Well we will wait with baited breath your update!

Drew140

@Drew140 

Did your plan renew each time a payment came out? Like....did your data reset? Or was it just payments coming out? You must be signed up for autopay. Have you had the $2 autopay reward apply?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Initial activation - good
30 days later - good
10 days later not good
10 days later not good
10 days later (30 days from last known good) - good (coincidentally??)
10 days later not good
Text for 10 days later - not good
So something seems to have gone very wrong after that first renewal.
 @Drew140 : did you sign up for a promo at the time?
What does your account Pay before date up top show? Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

That's awfully expensive 10 day service!

@Anonymous 

Its just a random guess seeing how it seems to be renewing every 10 days. I had my RBC $40 promo plan randomly renew mid cycle for $10 plan amount and change my renewal date. So who knows.....and your test thru self serve vs an in store activation with access to old plans is a whole different kettle of fish....I sure want to know how the OP landed three identical fish a month!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Good theory but with the recent experiment by a fellow regular with the plan builder and choosing 4G...it simply didn't work. There aren't any 10 day plans anymore. So even if an old system chose it somehow, the plan should not have worked. Although who knows...with the 4G test, there was an original plan to fall back on. This was initial activation.

I vote fraud though.

@Drew140 : So your payment card isn't intentionally paying for any other Public Mobile accounts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

my dear i love to help
i appreciate it very much
and be Happy and safe to all customer public mobile with a beautiful service
Good Luck to your life.

@Drew140 

Its a bit of a weird one....we will all be dying to know what happened to cause your account to renew every 10 days.🤔

Drew140

Thanks, I have sent a message to the moderators

Drew140

Thank you I will do that...

@Anonymous 

Thanks for supplying the info on how to contact a moderator....third time lucky hey?!!😃

@Drew140 

I have heard that the activation portal in store can sometimes have access to old plans. It almost looks like you are some how on the old 10 day plans that pm used to offer as it appears your plan is renewing every 10 days. Maybe the clerk put an old code in or the pm gremlins came out that day to play with your activation/account.

I would be interested to hear what the moderator has to say....they may need to open a ticket with the tech team. Be sure to get the reference number if they do so.

@Drew140 

Once Public Mobile rectifies this matter, I would definitely make it a point to offer a review of the associated store where you activated.   

If the retail outlet did indeed have earlier failed attempts at prior activations before getting it 'right', this is something which has also impacted other customers who also sought out help in the Community, and should be brought to the attention of Public Mobile.

Use the below link to offer a review of the associated store - if they messed up your activation, Public Mobile should be aware such that appropriate education and training can be supplied to avoid a repeat situation:

Providing feedback on store experience (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv 

That would actually be payment for 3 seperate plans.   If this were the case of a retail store accidently opening more than one account, the plan payments would all be on the same day.

@computergeek541 - Why, yes it would!

@esjliv 

That would actually be payment for 3 seperate plans.   If this were the case of a retail store accidently opening more than one account, the plan payments would all be on the same day.

@Drew140 wrote:

It was activated in store.

The store must have created (at least) 2 accounts on you.

If you have not registered for a Self Serve account, use the link above to see (at least one of the transactions of one account).

Drew140

It was activated in store.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Drew140 

Wowsers! That's not right. Contacting the moderators is necessary to correct this. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type account specific issue and human and follow the prompts to submit your support ticket via simon.

Or

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses today. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drew140 : Did you attempt any earlier activations and maybe errored out? Did you activate in a store? Or yourself? Or a pre-activation from a vendor?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Drew140 wrote:

I signed up for an account with Public Mobile (40.00 / month) in March and set up auto pay on my credit card when I accessed my account.  The payment for March processed on March 1, 2021 for $45.20 as it should have.

and I just got another text telling me that another payment would be coming out for May.

Could someone look into and correct this error?

Thank you,

Darren Thompson

@Drew140 

Looks like you have two+ accounts being renewed each time. Do you have two or more accounts?

If not, I would contact the Moderators about this to see what may be connected to your credit card.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

If you activated in store you may need to register for a Self Serve account:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.