cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card payment Issues

aday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have two accounts 10000000******* and 10000000******** today i was notified that my auto payment did not work (new Credit Card) so i went into 10000000******** and updated it with no issues and made the payment.

I then tried to update the CC on 10000000***** (with the same CC)  I keep getting this error:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

I have tried this like 10 times I called my bank and it does not look to be an issue on their side. It is weird that this worked for one of my accounts like 15 min before but not the other

Can someone help please so i can get this CC updated and paid

16 REPLIES 16

lucasmelbye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!!

@lucasmelbye @Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

lucasmelbye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card must have triggered a fraud lock due to changing addresses. I need to get a hold of a moderator to undue this. Not sure how to do this but my mobile is not working!

@aday 

If the system won't accept your payment today either than you most definitely triggered a fraud lock. Contact the moderators as previously suggested. 

@aday wrote:

address is fine, i do use autopay, CC worked for one account just not the other account

@aday 

If you tried the various suggestions, you will need to contact moderator.  Click on the chat icon on the right lower corner of website.  Type: doesn't recognize credit card.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  It may take a few hours for moderator to respond.  

If you need service right away, you may want to consider buying a payment voucher either in store or online (recharge.com - service fee applies) to activate your plan right away.  

aday

address is fine, i do use autopay, CC worked for one account just not the other account

aday

different amounts

aday

Thanks, just tried this morning and i have tried with 2 different devices and 2 different browsers using incognito/private mode with no luck

aday

yes, correct address at it worked for my first account like 15 mins earlier

aday

Thanks I will try, as it is still not working this morning

@aday 

Were your two plan amounts the same? Two payments in quick succession of the same amount will flag your card. This can sometimes trigger an autopay failure if they both occur on the same night. I suggest if one account can wait to be renewed then renew the second account after midnight eastern so they will renew a day apart from each other.

Two attempted or successful ( or a combo) payments on an account will trigger that error message on a third attempt. Wait one hour before trying again. Five attempted payments with the same card in a 24 hour period will trigger a fraud lock which is likely what you have done. Contacting the moderators is then necessary to remove this lock.

Manual payments on your account ( and any account changes) are much more successful if you:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

This will prevent most error messages and weird stuff happening in your account while making changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

try please the Microsoft Edge
Web browser from computer the new version is it very nice,
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser, 

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

and if you can try it for a different Browser,

Setting Up AutoPay
Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!
To set up AutoPay, sign in to your , HERE  , select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

i love to advise you, please make sure for your address the same and check it out the 

typing is correct for the number and name, sometime is not see it the correct you know just make sure about it .

Good Luck

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

did you type the correct address? No apt no. should be written when you update the card info.

@aday  are you paying the same amount on the second account as the first one? It is possible some credit card will decline the 2nd one thnking that it is a duplicated transaction as  the payment time was so close, and same amount from the same merchant, 

If possible, you can try again after an hour, or try with another credit card.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@aday 

If you tried so many times it is possible that the system flagged your card i suggest you contact moderators by sending private message to Moderator_Team if it didn't work after an hour

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@aday    Wait about an hour before retrying.  Also make sure to clear your cache/cookies and use privacy/incognito mode on another browser.

If you need to make a payment urgently you could buy a voucher and load it via 611.

Need Help? Let's chat.