cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card keeps getting declined For auto pay

MeganBeaton1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Ive called my cc provider and they said each time its gone thru on their end but I keep getting the error on public mobiles end. Can someone tell me how I can resolve this. I have set up different credit cards in the past, so not sure why this one is not working.

Thanks so much

7 REPLIES 7

MeganBeaton1

I finally got my account to accept payment. Seems as though the apartment number was the issue who knew. I have sucessfully paid for my account and signed back up for auto renewal. I never want to loose my credit card again. What a pain switching over everything is. 

Thanks for all your help

@MeganBeaton1 

Pm's payment system will lock out and return those messages after two failed or two successful payments. Trying too many times will cause a fraud alert lock that requires the moderators to fix. Avoid this as wait times are exceeding 48 hours at the moment. Wait at least one hour if not two before attempting again if you are unsuccessful submit a service request in case you have been fraud locked but try again in the morning in the hopes that you can start fresh.

But before you start do this:

1. Clear the browser of your device and close all tabs.
  2. Do device maintenance.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. Open one tab only using chrome, firefox or safari.
  5. Use secret/private/incognito mode.

Have both your credit cards billing address and your official Canada post address ready....for when you get to the choose a plan/payment stage......

1. If your statement is in ALL CAPS then use them.
  2. Do not autofill whatsoever.
  3. Do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank.
  4. If you have a suite # add it to your street address.
  5. When you fill out the street address default to the canada post address if there is a discrepancy. You can use the billing address on your second attempt if necessary.
  6. Example: (suite#) 101-123 1ST AVE E , MYTOWN , PROV , CANADA , X0X0X0
  7. Do not use a space in the postal code. If there is one on your second attempt leave a space and drop the last digit.
  8. Make sure you use the full name on the card.

BTW....never use the back button! Best of luck.

chromeknickers

You've probably already done this, but double-check the expiry date on the card and make sure you have the correct CVV (3 digit number on back of credit card). If you are locked out, you can contact a self-help bot SIMon by clicking on the message bubble in the lower righthand corner or send an email/message to Moderator_Team in your private message box.

I hope everything gets sorted soon!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MeganBeaton1 use all capital letters when entering in the information

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeganBeaton1 wrote:

It is a personal Canadian Mastercard

There have been the odd reports that people have been successful by matching their profile name and address to the name and address entered in the cc screen.

But if you've been trying a bunch of times, it might be that your account is locking cc's out for fear of fraud.

You could try to wait an hour or so between each attempt and see.

MeganBeaton1

It is a personal Canadian Mastercard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it from a Canadian or American institution? Visa, Mastercard, Amex? Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit? Pre-paid? Gift card "credit" card?

Need Help? Let's chat.