cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card issues

cferneyh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello - my family has four accounts with all four being paid for by the same credit card. Over the last couple of weeks Public Mobile has not been able to apply Autopay to the credit card. The credit card is working fine as other purchases have been made, and it doesn't expire for a couple of years. So I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what is going on with this card and how to get it fixed. Thanks! 

9 REPLIES 9

@cferneyh wrote:

The dates for all four renewals are all different, but according to the moderator I have been chatting with, the credit card company flagged the transactions due to it being too many transactions with the same company in too short of window, which is kind of funny as it has been well over a year that all four accounts have been charged to this credit card. Anyway, the moderator is working with me to get this resolved. Thanks everyone for your input! 

@cferneyh , yeah, that is weird, why now? Maybe your credit card company is upping their security. 🙂

But, your credit card company should have been able to tell you that, shouldn't they have?

The Moderator cannot guarantee that is what happened if it was a credit card company 'block'.

@cferneyh 

Thanks for the update.....as I suspected it sounds like you suddenly got flagged. Strange though you would have thought this would occur when you first joined rather than a year in.....but a good lesson to be learned here. Communicating with your credit card company in these instances can go a long way just like informing them when and where you plan to travel and the type of charges to expect that may differ from your usual habits. Having a note on your credit card account informing them that four separate charges will occur every thirty days from pm would go a long way in preventing future autopay failures.

cferneyh

The dates for all four renewals are all different, but according to the moderator I have been chatting with, the credit card company flagged the transactions due to it being too many transactions with the same company in too short of window, which is kind of funny as it has been well over a year that all four accounts have been charged to this credit card. Anyway, the moderator is working with me to get this resolved. Thanks everyone for your input! 

@cferneyh 

Yes, as @darlicious provides, I would be wary of using auto-pay for more than two accounts if both are renewing on the same date every cycle.

I have 2 on the same date, however they are for different amounts for different plans.

It would be interesting if other users might post on similar situations to indicate how many they may have on the same date and whether they are the same/different amount.

Any takers?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@cferneyh 

I avoid autopay failure by making manual payments to all accounts in my family. I actually have 2 months worth of balance on every account just in case.

I heard that there may be issue with multiple accounts charging same amount on the same card the same day, but i never had issues with it even when all the accounts had the same plan. 

Pay closer attention to the next renewal too as there may be issues with the autopay rewards, if that happens just contact moderators again

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cferneyh 

Payment system is finicky.  Are your family plans due the same day?  That sometimes causes trouble if multiple payments on same day.  

Remove your credit card, add it back.  Make sure the address exactly matches the banking address on file.  Manually load $1 to your account to see whether the credit card was sucessfully added.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=paying-for-your-service&subcategory=man...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cferneyh 

Do all four accounts have renewals occurring on the same day or consecutive days? More than two renewals on the same day can cause an autopay failure and/or a fraud security lock if payments occur too closely together. As could attempted and/or successful payments. More than two of these occurring in one hour will cause failures. 

If the renewals are too close together then if possible allow one account to suspend and renew it the following day (just after midnight est) so as to spread your renewals out. You could also opt to manually pay a couple of accounts a few days before their renewal so they don't use the autopay system at all and the card is not getting "suspicious" payments occurring....if all the plans are the same amount this can contribute to the the payments looking fraudulent.

Saying all that contacting the moderators and having them look into each account to see what and why the autopay failures are happening and resetting the account(s) to prevent future failures.

cferneyh

Thank you! 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cferneyh wrote:

Hello - my family has four accounts with all four being paid for by the same credit card. Over the last couple of weeks Public Mobile has not been able to apply Autopay to the credit card. The credit card is working fine as other purchases have been made, and it doesn't expire for a couple of years. So I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what is going on with this card and how to get it fixed. Thanks! 

@cferneyh .

Does it still show you are registered for Autopay in the Self Serve accounts?

If so, contact the Public Mobile Moderators to correct this. Weird that all 4 are failing at autopay.

Private message the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

OR
Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

Need Help? Let's chat.