cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card issue

LacJack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was suddenly unable to make voice calls with only data and text. After some digging. I found my account was suspended due to non payment. I'm on auto-pay. My credit card company says my card is in good standing. 

How would anyone come to the conclusion that this was related to non payment? I was finally able to pay with another card. But this should not have happened in the first place.

4 REPLIES 4

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LacJack 

Even though you shouldn't have to because you're on auto-pay, you'll have more peace of mind in future, if you make a manual credit card payment each month a few days in advance of your renewal date (while remaining on autopay as a backup)

LacJack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm still unsure why I was able to text and have data but not voice.

Nevertheless, I contacted the Moderators and they have since fixed the issue.

They said the system is sensitive on security and for some unknown reason, decided to block my credit card. After some checks, it's been unblocked and I was able to re-register. Hope this doesn't happen again next payment time.

So if this happens to anyone else, make sure to check your account status.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LacJack wrote:

I was suddenly unable to make voice calls with only data and text. After some digging. I found my account was suspended due to non payment. I'm on auto-pay. My credit card company says my card is in good standing. 

How would anyone come to the conclusion that this was related to non payment? I was finally able to pay with another card. But this should not have happened in the first place.

@LacJackHow is it possible that your account is suspended but you can still use data and text. Did you have a data add-on in your account by any chance? Still doesn't explain how you were able to text with a suspended account unless you have an iphone or you were texting via a third party app over data or WiFi. You normally will get a text from PM reminding your plan is up for renewal. WIth all the AutoPay issues recently it's always a good idea to check your account via selfserve or 611 the next day to make sure all is well.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM did have a bug with certian cards... perhaps others remember the details....

Need Help? Let's chat.