cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card issue

Stacy601
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to register my new credit card to make a payment but it wouldn’t go through. Contacted the bank and they said it’s the merchant canceled the payment.  Please let me know how to fix it. Thank you 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jnutt1313- Usually Credit Card issues are caused by either incorrect address, or browser issues.  Be sure to enter the address EXACTLY as it appears on your statement.  Do not use the Apt/unit number field.  Also, try clearing your browser's cache and/or using the browser in privacy/incognito mode. 

EDIT:  in the future, you should always start a new topic for your question.  That way your issue gets the most possible exposure, and the quickest responses.

jnutt1313

I am trying to register a new phone and it won't accept a credit card. What do I do next?

Gilda13

BigD108

I never heard of “recharge.com” I will try that option also. Thanks!!

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also, don't put a space between the 3rd and 4th character in your postal code.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407the portal is buggy and this is a common enough occurance.  nothing to do with bad history etc.

@BigD108  buying vouchers from recharge.com is an option as well so you do not need to leave home and search for a voucher.

BigD108

I have also encountered the same problem. I have done everything possible, but it won’t work. So I have messaged the moderator for a solution, until then, the best option is to buy a voucher from the nearest Walmart store.

@Stacy601

Another thing that might cause issue is the billing address.  Leave the apartment number section blank.  Make sure that the billing address matches exactly your credit card billing information.  

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Stacy601Check your credit card information carefully, its happend with me.

Good luck

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Stacy601, credit card registration on the self serve sometimes can be a bit finicky.  Try clearing browser cache, using incognito mode.  These are some of the strategies other customers have used to overcome the problem.  In the mean time if your service is down due to this problem, you can buy a voucher online to get the service up and running while you sort out the credit card issue. 

https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

TaylorMeekins

Hey Stacy , Good to see you decide to register your card for autopay! 

When entering the card , make sure you have the correct information. The Cardholders Name, address and make sure the CCV and expiration date match up. 

If you’re having a hard time adding your card still, try changing the address up a bit and maybe using capital letters where they may auto correct on a smartphone( or vise versa).  

If this still doesn’t work ; try messaging one of the admins OR you could always do it the old school way with vouchers! 

Hope I helped!

Need Help? Let's chat.