cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card info stolen and will take two weeks to get a new one

Craterm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like the title says, my credit card info was stolen and my account was charged so I had to cancel it and get a new one sent. It will take upto two weeks to get it, but my account is due for payment in a week. What should I do?

11 REPLIES 11

@Craterm  FYI....if the compromised card is your only credit card it can remain on your account to recieve the autopay rewards as long as it's not used for payment. You can top up your account using vouchers until you recieve your new card. Despite your card being reported stolen the payment system only recognizes a card is registered. As long as it's never used for payment its "status" is irrevelant.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Craterm wrote:

So does this mean that changing to a different card will get rid of my discount? Or am i good to switch to a different card?

Don't worry with the debit or credit card that you are using as long as you have the autopay enable, you will get the $2 autopay credit on your renewal date.  You can add fund to you account using topup voucher and still get your $2 autopay discount. with autopay enabled.

Craterm

Great! Everything seems to be working again, thank you.

@Craterm changing to another credit card keeps the autopay $2 reward. Remember to leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address. Also leave out any spaces when entering your postal code. You might also want to test it by applying $1 one time payment. Payment, one time payment,  select amount $1 add it to your account. It will be applied to your next cycle renewal date. 

@Craterm wrote:

So does this mean that changing to a different card will get rid of my discount? Or am i good to switch to a different card?

Craterm

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

As long as the funds are added to the account. Leave the card on to get your discount. I would get a voucher and add it at least 3 days before your payment is due. Not all vouchers are created equal use @darlicious 's voucher catalogue to better compare them. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

You can add it from within your self service account or by using 611 from your phone. Here's a guide to using 611. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352#M20315

Please note - PM only Accepts American Express,  Visa, MasterCard and Visa debit from American or Canadian banks as autopay forms of payment.

@Lar wrote:

@Craterm  You can pay using a voucher which you may be able to buy at Walmart or Shoppers Drugs. Don't forget to get enough to cover the tax on your PM account. Vouchers can be used either by dialing 611 or going into your self serve account.  Cheers

That advice is somewhat askew, i.e. if you're on, for instance, the $25 plan, and you buy a voucher for $25, the seller of that voucher will charge you the tax - you don't need to buy a voucher for $25 + tax to account for the $25 plan on PM.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Craterm  You can pay using a voucher which you may be able to buy at Walmart or Shoppers Drugs. Don't forget to get enough to cover the tax on your PM account. Vouchers can be used either by dialing 611 or going into your self serve account.  Cheers

@popping wrote:

@Craterm wrote:

Like the title says, my credit card info was stolen and my account was charged so I had to cancel it and get a new one sent. It will take upto two weeks to get it, but my account is due for payment in a week. What should I do?

1.  If you have another credit card, you can change it to another cc while waiting for your replacement card.

2.  You can setup autopay using bank debit card 

3.  You can buy PM topup voucher to add fund to your PM account

As @Dunkman  pointed out, the part in bold above must be a Visa debit card, i.e., for instance, my BMO debit card apparently won't work.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Craterm 

You can buy a payment voucher either in store (Walmart, shoppers, gas stations) or online via recharge.com (service fee applies).  Visa debit cards will also work or some prepaid credit cards.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Craterm wrote:

1.  If you have another credit card, you can change it to another cc while waiting for your replacement card.

2.  You can setup autopay using bank debit card 

3.  You can buy PM topup voucher to add fund to your PM account

Need Help? Let's chat.