cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card error in autopay

Somojana1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I tried everything. Left the apt number blank in address but still I am not able to add credit  card in my autopay. Please assist 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@Somojana1 wrote:

The issue is still there. I PMed the moderator but he says to give him my credit card details which I can't give. Any other way to resolve?

Then go buy a payment voucher.  If you can’t trust the moderator who is an employee of Public Mobile, what else can you do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Somojana1 wrote:

The issue is still there. I PMed the moderator but he says to give him my credit card details which I can't give. Any other way to resolve?

Yeah. Get a "credit" card gift card and use that. Vanilla brand. Not MyVanilla. Type in whatever address you like.

I gotta say I don't like this idea of giving them the credit card either. Just fix the dang system.

Somojana1

I rarely see postal codes separated by a space anymore, all systems seem to be taking A1A1A1 format.

Apt# - House# (building address, etc...) is what most companies use as they get discounts for formatting the addresses in this format.

@Somojana1 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It is Canadian card and I think they might have blocked the autopay due to many tries. So what should we do now?

@Somojana1  Ask a moderator to remove the lock and ask them to add your credit card. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

@Somojana1 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It is Canadian card and I think they might have blocked the autopay due to many tries. So what should we do now?

Try clearing your cookies and cache.  Try incognito/another browser.  Wait one hour between unsuccessful attempts. Otherwise you'll need to contact Moderator_Team via the envelope icon above your post and ask for assistance.

@Somojana1Is your renewal cycle approaching? If so and since Moderators can be slow (a few days), avoid the autopay rigmarole and go to a store to get a voucher and add some credits to your account.Your autopay credit still counts as long as you have a card on file (working or not). It is annoying but tha'ts why Public Mobile is cheaper.. or think about the other way.. say if you have $15/month plan.. you get $2 off each month.. that is ~10% interest haha.

Somojana1

Hi

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541@mimmo  maybe you might move this up to the main area?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Somojana1 wrote:

Hi

I tried everything. Left the apt number blank in address but still I am not able to add credit  card in my autopay. Please assist 

Thanks

@Somojana1 

Is it a Canadian or American issued card using a Canadian or American address?

Use the address as it appears on your credit card bill. Punctuation etc. Possibly even the same name.

The postal code seems to be limited to 6 characters. So if it has the space on the bill then drop the last number. If there appears to be no space on the bill then don't have a space.

You already found not to fill the unit # field.

The problem now might be that Public Mobile has locked out your card due to thinking its all these fraudulent attempts to protect you.

Edit: ninja'd by dabr. 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Somojana1 wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Just wait one hour before trying again, you might be locked out due to too many attempts.  Also try another browser/incognito mode.

This should be posted under getting started where more users would be able to help.

Need Help? Let's chat.