cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charged twice

Vivek1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

I recently recharged my friend's Public mobile account using my Credit card.

The transaction for $11.30 was done only once. However, I find my Credit card has been charged Twice (Shows Two transactions of $11.30 each)

My bank asked me to check with Public mobile once, before disputing the transaction.

Can you please help me with this issue?

Please note - The transaction is not related to the Account from which I am posting this question. It was done for my friend's Public mobile number but with My credit card.

I am not sure whether I can give his mobile number in a forum post.

Please let me know.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,

Vivek

10 REPLIES 10

frankigallant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine did the SAME thing, but for my $29 card 😩

My credit card was charged twice when I did it over the phone yesterday. I am waiting to hear back from the moderators about refunding it. Must be a system glitch. 

@Vivek1 wrote:

Hi guys,

The transaction for $11.30 was done only once. However, I find my Credit card has been charged Twice (Shows Two transactions of $11.30 each)

My bank asked me to check with Public mobile once, before disputing the transaction.

Please note - The transaction is not related to the Account from which I am posting this question. It was done for my friend's Public mobile number but with My credit card.

Please let me know.

Best,

Vivek

It is possible that the Public Mobile payment system made a mistake.  Did you also check to see if one listed transaction was a pending charged and that the other may have been a posted charge?

Vivek1

Thank you so much, will do the needful.

Vivek1

Nope, we just paid for the plan.

Vivek1

Thank you so much, my friend. I'll contact the moderators...

Vivek1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We just paid once for the plan - $10 + tax. (My friend bought the sim card months ago...)

Sure, will contact the moderators.

Thank you.

Best,

Vivek

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Could you please ask your friend to take a screenshot of his payment history with the sensitive information blocked out.

If the money was not withdrawn twice you can give your friend the reference numbers for the two payments and he can file a complaint with the moderators to either have one of the charges reversed or credited to his account in which case he wound owe you the money.

If it was withdrawn twice from the account, that happened before it is totally possible, then he would owe you the amount. He should have it as a credit on his account. If he doesn't, that means that he was also 'billed' twice, then he should complain about it to moderators

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Vivek1 wrote:

Hi guys,

Please let me know.

Best,

Vivek

Did you pay for both the SIM and a plan for your friend's account?  The SIM is $10+tax and did you pay for the $10 plan which would also have tax added.

Or did you just pay for your friend's renewal?  In that case send a message to moderators via SIMon ? mark bubble to ask for a credit on your account or card.

Need Help? Let's chat.