cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card cancelled - waiting for new one to arrive

FisherPal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Due to some suspicious activity, I requested my credit card be cancelled and a new one issued. I am worried that I may not get my new on in time for my auto-pay deadline. Is there some way to deal with this issue should my new card not arrive by the 21st?

9 REPLIES 9

I sent you a private message with a link to a prepaid card that i know works with public mobile. You can Also have it available for online use in minutes

FisherPal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will go and check out that 'recharge.com' option as I live 1 1/2 hrs from my bank and won't likely be going to town soon enough to do the Visa Debit thing. Really appreciate everyone's responses!!

LaOmbra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@slash407 wrote:

briiefly u could just use a giftcard or visa debit, dunno if u can use ur bank but worth exploring.

not giftcards or bank direct; only prepaid visa/mastercard

@kselmak wrote:

@FisherPal wrote:

Due to some suspicious activity, I requested my credit card be cancelled and a new one issued. I am worried that I may not get my new on in time for my auto-pay deadline. Is there some way to deal with this issue should my new card not arrive by the 21st?

Hi @FisherPal 

If i was in your place i wouldn't remover the card from autopay untll you have new one in your hand. Pm should not withdraw money off of it if you have enough or more available funds in. your account.

So i would go get a voucher for at least or more than due

Here is a thread with some options

I read recently that you can buy it online too if i find it I'll add the link too

Hope it helps

Removing the old card or not wouldn't make any difference.  When someone calls the credit card issuer and ask for a replacement because of suspicous charges, the card is immediately cancelled and no longer works.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would wait to see if your replacement CC comes in time.

A few days before it's due, grab a pre-paid voucher and top up your account.

Or have a friend use their CC to help make a single payment.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@FisherPal wrote:

Hi @FisherPal 

If i was in your place i wouldn't remover the card from autopay untll you have new one in your hand. Pm should not withdraw money off of it if you have enough or more available funds in. your account.

So i would go get a voucher for at least or more than due

Here is a thread with some options

I read recently that you can buy it online too if i find it I'll add the link too

Hope it helps

@FisherPal wrote:

I would say that the the timeframe for replacement card deliveyry and different options for speed of that replace would have been something that could have been asked of the bank/credit union/card issuer. In the end, the plan needs to be paid for on-time, or the cell phone service will stop working.

My bank says 2 days to process such a request to replace a credit card, and another 5 to 7 days for delivery in the mail to your address.  Some banks do have rush credit card replacement service available.  Whether or not your bank charges extra for this depends on the company that you are dealing with.   How long ago did you make the request?  It may still arrive in time.

As other were saying, Visa Debit is an option and that is what my bank now uses as the default ATM card for chequing accounts.  Prepaid Visa and Mastercards should work.  You also have the options such as using sites such as recharge.com to purchases Public Mobile payment vouchers, or purchasng printouts for those from local retailers who sell them.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@FisherPal wrote:

@FisherPal  Fund your account with enough money for the renewal, by any other method. Public mobile accepts Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address, or a Public Mobile payment voucher. The voucher can be had from recharge.com for payment, but not autopay, you can also register with autopay a pre-paid visa card for autopay, YMMV but I know that one works from Canada Post.

Keep in mind, this is what you should be doing EVERY month before renewal. Fair Warning. Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off (by manually adding funds) in advance as this process will prevent the most common and preventable reason that your account goes into suspension with a complete loss of service.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FisherPal 

Add the money to your account manually before your autopay date..it will take from available funds first before trying your CC...Change your cc when you get it..

Need Help? Let's chat.