cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card billed 29.38 on June 30

nicky1996
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I noticed a credit card bill for 29.38 on June 30,2019 but my monthly fee is about 40.00 so I am wondering what was the 29.38 fee for.  I hope is not for overage fees.   I keep track of my usage on my phone and it says  I used 3.6 GB for June but when I log into my account it says 6 GB was used in June. Why the discrepancy?   I also thought there were no overage fees sins the speed get throttled when I reach my ;imit (which i do not think I went over since my Galaxy S6 keeps track of my mothly usage).    If the 29.38 debit is for the regular July fees , I am wondering why it is lower than expected since my plan is about 40.00 each month?

8 REPLIES 8

@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

-a pm user developed an app called data witness pm (free for pm users) 

That user has not logged into here in a year now though so it likely isn't free anymore simply by virtue that the user won't likely see the key request private message. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm

The PM version of the app does a one time check of the SIM card and is free if it's run with a PM SIM. So, as far as I can tell no need for a special key to access the PM version.

However, no app update in the last 18 months or so. Might be a deal breaker for some. (I hope @IWIK is ok and has just moved on to different projects.)

Disclaimer: I use the app with the widget and find it very handy - it does everything *I* look for in a data manager.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

That user has not logged into here in a year now though so it likely isn't free anymore simply by virtue that the user won't likely see the key request private message. 

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First, $29.38 is including sales tax. Based on Canada’s (including PTs) sales tax rates you must be either in Ontario or Manitoba since they are the only provinces has 13% sales tax. If that is the case, your gross amount without sales tax is $26. Therefore, this is your second month charge, and  I am assuming you got referral credit of $10 and auto pay credit of $4 ($2+$2 one from signup and one from renewal). Hope my assumptions of your location and credits are correct. Happy Canada Day!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nicky1996 wrote:

I noticed a credit card bill for 29.38 on June 30,2019 but my monthly fee is about 40.00 so I am wondering what was the 29.38 fee for.  I hope is not for overage fees.   I keep track of my usage on my phone and it says  I used 3.6 GB for June but when I log into my account it says 6 GB was used in June. Why the discrepancy?   I also thought there were no overage fees sins the speed get throttled when I reach my ;imit (which i do not think I went over since my Galaxy S6 keeps track of my mothly usage).    If the 29.38 debit is for the regular July fees , I am wondering why it is lower than expected since my plan is about 40.00 each month?

@nicky1996  $40.00 plan renewal - $10 Referral credit = $30 - $2 AutoPay reward = $28 - 2nd AutoPay reward $2 = $26 plus tax?

Edit: To add 2nd AutoPay reward.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nicky1996  if you just signed up with autopay and refer a friend  then you will have a 10$ and 2 autopay credits one from signup and one from renewal. =14

This give you 26$ pre tax plan cost.  26+taxes is what I believe was charged to your cc.

Also

-there is no throttled speed, data shuts off when consumed

- cycles are 30 days not monthly, thus your builtin data monitor might not be accurate. 

Yeah and any rewards related to your first signup, apply in your 2nd month.

$10 fee for being referred, $2 autopay X2, plus $1 for anyone you refer and andany community awards.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you change your plan ? You will never be charged for any overage at PM. If you don't pay for it...you don't get it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nicky1996 

There is no overages with Public Mobile. If you run out of data, it just stops working.  

Maybe check your payment history in  your self service account to find out what is happening.  I expect that you had some credits.  $2 autopay?  friend referral credits? etc.  Taxes are also needed to be considered with payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.