cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card being locked out

alekhrycaiko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been unable to process any credit card on the automated payment system provided by public mobile. I've tried multiple cards, all of which have plenty of credit - and the site is providing me:

> Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together.

How do I resolve this? Considering I've used multiple cards, I'm suspecting this is something to do with the payment system on Public mobiles end.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alekhrycaiko wrote:

I've been unable to process any credit card on the automated payment system provided by public mobile. I've tried multiple cards, all of which have plenty of credit - and the site is providing me:

> Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together.

How do I resolve this? Considering I've used multiple cards, I'm suspecting this is something to do with the payment system on Public mobiles end.

@alekhrycaiko Possibly the PM credit card security lock was triggered and needs to be reset by the PM moderator team for your account. If you try again after an hour without success best to contact the moderator team.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@alekhrycaikoI recommend go out and enjoy your long weekend.. and approach the issue in a few hours from a different IP (&/ device), hopefully Public Mobile's system will clear your cards from their system. Public Mobile's payment system is quirky and the security features are obscured.

If you have data perhaps you can tether your home computer to your PM phone and try it from a Telus network.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@alekhrycaiko also if you live in an apt leave that blank

@alekhrycaiko 

Make sure that the billing address entered is exactly the same as your credit card address.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  

Chrome incognito seems to work well. 

Also, sometimes check your credit card online to make sure that you weren't charged.  That sometimes happens also...

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@alekhrycaiko oh yes it does it's very finicky lol try clearing cache reboot try browser in ingognito mode or if you have another device try using that

Need Help? Let's chat.