cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card wont accept

tonyth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I have been trying to pay with my credit card but it keeps declining. I had autopay setup but my CC expired a month ago but now have a new card. I have tried entering my information as accurate as possible nothing works. I have tried over 10 times manually. 

19 REPLIES 19

Nathaliemunro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

January 17 2019

I had the same lroblem-came on here and trued one of their suggestions... 

I didnt put my appartment number in, why this worked, I have no clue bit it did! 

dogma

Hey, if you're somewhere there is a Mobile Shop I have found them very helpful in sorting things out that don't work for whatever reason. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Ah the service fees. Just remember recharge does not charge taxes.  So adding 60 at a store or online you would be charged taxes. So on 60 if you are in bc would cost 60 + 12%=7.2$

tonyth

The vouchers cost $66 for $60 credit. 11 for 10, plus I used $12 from my autopay rewards

mimmo

@tonyth  glad you got service working.  curious, what do you mean you spent $13 extra? 

you had 129$ owing, paid 60+60+10=130.   so basically $1 extra

tonyth

Ok tried paypal, it didnt work. Waited 10 mins later and it worked. Ok I have service again, but spent $13 extra just to pay off my balance instead of autopay -_- I'm pretty sure PM is trying to use my old security code for my CC and its not taking my new one is causing the issue.

Or call your credit card company to talk to real person.  Maybe to get the payment to go through for the $10 voucher

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyth wrote:

recharge, it probably thinks im using a stolen CC as im buying more than 1 recharge. I checked my bank statement and it bounced back  the $10 voucher than im trying to buy.

Try another card? Use Paypal?

tonyth

recharge, it probably thinks im using a stolen CC as im buying more than 1 recharge. I checked my bank statement and it bounced back  the $10 voucher than im trying to buy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyth wrote:

Finishing it up now, hope it works

EDIT: unbelievable, bought 2 $60 vouchers needed 1 more $10 but it wont go through!!!

Won't go through in recharge or won't go through in Public Mobile?

tonyth

Finishing it up now, hope it works

EDIT: unbelievable, bought 2 $60 vouchers needed 1 more $10 but it wont go through!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyth wrote:

Hopefully a mod can help me soon, I need a working phone by morning business hours.

No luck with recharge?

They're done for the night. They'll be back at 9am ET.

tonyth

Hopefully a mod can help me soon, I need a working phone by morning business hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have several denominations up to $60. You can enter multiple vouchers to build up your balance.

tonyth

Yes it is very urgent, never thought I would have trouble entering my CC info as I have done this a million times purchasing things online. looking at recharge.com, I need $129 to pay my balance, how do I go about this on that site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyth wrote:

I make sure everything is correct before confirming, yes I dont use the #field, no number in address. wont even let me have a space in the postal code since it wouldnt fit 6 characters anyways. 

What mimmo_L said. 🙂

mimmo

@tonyth  if urgent I would buy a voucher on recharge.com and top up with that. and then figure out the payment issue,  the mods might be able to help you figure it out.

tonyth

I make sure everything is correct before confirming, yes I dont use the #field, no number in address. wont even let me have a space in the postal code since it wouldnt fit 6 characters anyways. 

EDIT: Yes I have removed everything, cleared cache, I entered everthing manually still doesnt work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyth wrote:

Hello I have been trying to pay with my credit card but it keeps declining. I had autopay setup but my CC expired a month ago but now have a new card. I have tried entering my information as accurate as possible nothing works. I have tried over 10 times manually. 

10 times could become a problem. The system might think you're trying to hack a credit card.

Make sure the address you're putting in matches your credit card billing address exactly. Don't use the unit # field. Put any unit # in the street address. Possibly don't have the space in the postal code or drop the last digit.

@tonyth Edit: Sorry. And remove your old credit card entirely and restart from scratch.

Need Help? Let's chat.