cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card suddenly won't authorize

joeygodard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been using Public Mobile for years, but suddenly my card won't authorize. I tried not inputting the unit number, and I tried putting my address is as my bank sees it, even all caps. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

@melindajoyce wrote:

im having that problem did you figure it out?

There are a couple of solved posts today already on this same issue. Check those threads to see if they apply to you. All the advice is similar. Basics : exact address minus apt#, postal code no space, clear browser, secret mode, wait 1 hour between attempts, check with card issuer, don't try too many times.....

melindajoyce

im having that problem did you figure it out?

joeygodardd hi I would suggest using a different card if you have one, delete old card first then replace it  until you can get a moderators assistance  https:/productioncommunityypublicmobilee.cat55/notescomposepagee/note-to-user-id/22437

joeygodard

Yep it's still valid

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The unit number field is to be left blank.  Postal code entry should have no space.  Cards can get locked out with too many failed attempts.  In this case, it looks like moderator team intervention will be required. 

Danitup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes check expiry date.... or u can buy public mobile cards and pre load your account. There is NO extra fees when u buy pre load cards.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could it possibly the expiry date? Often credit cards will retail its number on renewal. The 3-digit CVC changes as well.

vlako030
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Joey,

Can you tell me a bit more details regarding the issue you are having?

Is your credit card visa debit card? If that 's the case and for some reason the funds were not in the account then it would not have authorized the transaction.

Have you tried contacting your bank or your credit card issuer about this problem?

@joeygodard 

Maybe try a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Give some time in between attempts.  

If that does not work, you may need to contact moderator, but expect 1-2 day wait times.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you can't wait for moderator help and you need to pay asap, you could buy a payment voucher either in store or online via recharge.com (service charge applies).  

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only other common thing I can think of is the postal code. No space or no last digit if a space. Of course is the card still valid with credit limit space?

Edit: For a few minutes there for some reason the Quote button didn't work and the 3 dots edit wasn't there.

Need Help? Let's chat.