cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card showed Koodo as the billing company, instead of Public Mobile

cmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just activated a $15 plan sim for my friend's son, as a gift .  When I check credit payment today, it showed Koodo name (and icon , see below), instead of Public Mobile. 

Does this mean Koodo & Public payment merged in the end ? Or other sign of movement ?

From Credit card details page.  $16.95 charge by Koodo.  (15 x 1.13 tax included) 

koodo.png

12 REPLIES 12

cmobile

@0PX9O4 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Telus ends up merging the Koodo and PM brands. No reason for Telus to keep these two similarly positioned prepaid MVNO brands.

Well, look at competitors. Both Rogers and Bell still keep 2nd tier (Fido and Virgin) and 3rd tier (Chatr and Lucky).  Maybe it's just internal integration of payment processing. 

Will see. 

cmobile

@pkaraa wrote:

they can start with 1000 international minutes for free like Koodo. I wont mind. 😄 

Sounds like a great idea 😁

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wouldn't be surprised if Telus ends up merging the Koodo and PM brands. No reason for Telus to keep these two similarly positioned prepaid MVNO brands.

LeePublic

Interesting...... 🤔 Hmmm..... Could it be a sign that they might be slowly transitioning away from PM? I hope not! I love PM and the PM community! 😁

pkaraa

they can start with 1000 international minutes for free like Koodo. I wont mind. 😄 

@cmobile wrote:

The interesting part is my Credit always showed the charge as Public Mobile in the past. It just showed as Koodo this month. 

Any insider news?  Maybe we are all heading to Koodo soon?  start from Payment, then service?????

cmobile

@hTideGnow wrote:

I think this is the 3rd or 4th posts about Koodo showing up on the credit card statement instead of PM

The interesting part is my Credit always showed the charge as Public Mobile in the past. It just showed as Koodo this month. 

I think this is the 3rd or 4th posts about Koodo showing up on the credit card statement instead of PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I did a credit card top up back on the 12th to reactivate my dormant account and it came through as PM. I wonder if the activation system is identified as Koodo. It certainly is an easier data entry method than in the self-serve. So it may follow that it's a different identity. hmmm

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmobile 

Both companies are owned by Telus For koodo and public mobile,

is normal,

but you can check it out for next month if that happend you need to check it with CSA.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@cmobile That's correct. Other users have reported the same.

Edit: Maybe PM back end was down (what else is new?) and they asked Koodoo to jump in

😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmobile : Telus owns Koodo and this place. As long as the money went towards this account then I wouldn't worry about it.

Need Help? Let's chat.