cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card expiry date

coyote
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I cannot get my account open. My email is okay but when I enter "forgot password" it locks me out.

All I need to do is get into my account and change the expiry date on the credit card. I am disabled so I need my phone yesterday!

HELP!

14 REPLIES 14

snelgrovekrp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

did you ever get any answers on if they fixed this issue for you?

There was a thread about this issue.  You would need to contact a moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Expiry-date-on-Public-Mobile-...

snelgrovekrp

I'm having the same issue. My card expires in 2025, but the site only goes up to 2024. Have there been any resolutions to this issue yet?

@coyote You can use your working credit card to buy a voucher at www.recharge.com, and pay a service fee to do so.  This is legitimate and will allow you to get the service working.

The voucher will be added via *611 and activated immediately.

After your service is up and running again, you can wait for the password issue to be resolved by the Moderator_Team, as long as you send them a request via Private Message (the envelope icon upper right corner of every screen).

As you're disabled (your words), moving to a different provider for a period of time won't work, as you'll wish to retain your phone number.  Without active service, your number is currently stuck here at Public Mobile.

@coyote  I was under the impression that you couldn't access your Self Serve account.

If you are just having trouble with the website, try clearing your browser cache and retrying with incognito mode.

The page to change your credit card info is here:

PM change credit card.jpg

coyote

Thanks, I want to pay with my credit card. I get into this part, but I can't get in to where the CCs are.  
I'll wait until I get a reply.  I don't remember if I ever had Public on my bank account, I can check that but I don't think so.

I want to revise my credit card expiry date.

It shouldn't be so difficult.  

Since there are moderators until midnight here, 7 hours is a reasonable amount of time to expect a reply.  If it goes on too long, I'll just get somebody else's phone for 3 months and just top up before the three months expire. That way I'll still have the cell number. Or perhaps I'll take the number to another carrier. 

Thanks!

coyote

No I'm 22 not 25.  Wow that's quite an expiry date! Six years away!  Lucky you!  I guess because I'm older they think I might kick the bucket soon so we'll only give a few years'.

!!     😉

coyote

Yes I know, that is why I pay thru a registered credit card. No extra charges. So this was a good solution but not what I was looking for. Thank you for letting me know, tho!  😉

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@coyote wrote:

Hello, I cannot get my account open. My email is okay but when I enter "forgot password" it locks me out.

All I need to do is get into my account and change the expiry date on the credit card. I am disabled so I need my phone yesterday!

HELP!

@coyote  Check your junk folder to make sure the email is not it that folder. Also make sure you are using the correct email. If you try too many times need to wait a while before trying again. The problem is that moderator response time varies from a couple of hours to a couple of days so maybe vouchers or using a top-up is your only choice.

Cut & Paste: 

Instant Top-Up
Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Purchasing Vouchers
We also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at our retail partners. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

@hartj81 wrote:

Hello.

There is no 611 help, 

I can tell you if your card has an expiration of 2025 it will not work yet I am having the same issue

Aparently they are working on it 

@hartj81Are you sure? I thought they fixed that issue weeks ago.

@coyote You can purchase vouchers thru recharge.com (there is a slight surcharge though).

hartj81

Hello.

There is no 611 help, 

I can tell you if your card has an expiration of 2025 it will not work yet I am having the same issue

Aparently they are working on it 

coyote

I've tried paying with credit card but it has a different expiry date now. So clicking on it with the old one registered, just says "No not accepted".

So how do I access anything since I can't get thru to *611 with the good card but the expired date?  I cannot get out to purchase a CC.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@coyote wrote:

HELP!

@coyoteIf you need to take your account out of suspension just dial #611 from you phone and make payment via vouchers or CC on file. If you still can't get into your account after using the forgot password option then you need to notify PM. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.