cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card could not be verified error

EvaErased
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I've had auto pay set  up on my account for a while and it has worked perfectly. Today, it said my account auto pay was applied but it now says my account is suspended. When I click the reactivate button it says "Your credit card could not be verified". No matter which browser, or operating system.

I added my husband's credit card and it says I don't have a balance to pay but shows my account is past due. I don't get what's going on but it won't process payments and I'm now stick without phone service.

16 REPLIES 16

lireland20

This has been the bane of my life for the past few months and today I FINALLY managed to add my debit card!

My bank formats my address as 1234 - 10 Fake Name Street and when I was entering it in the same way it didn't work. When I shortened 'Street' to 'St' it worked!

So the successful format for me was:

1234 - 10 Fake Name St

Hope this helps!

@EvaErased  Try these tricks to restart/ reset your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@EvaErased @

there might be a glitch in the API. Is your phone working? If it is maybe wait until tomorrow. 

Alternatively you can contact a moderator to see whats going on in the background

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@EvaErased  That error occurs when the server is overloaded. Just restart your computer clear you cache and try to login again.

If getting your service back up again is urgent another option is to use a voucher.

vouchers.png

1. Xoom
    2. Recharge
    3. Ding

Hope this helps!

@EvaErased Yes, just create a ticket and wait patiently. Mods are fast here and very helpful. Have a nice weekend!

EvaErased

Thanks! However it looks like I'm pooched until mod help arrives 😞

Screenshot_20200425-125618.png

@EvaErased Make it a practice to manually pay a few days ahead of your renewal date(just add the funds in your self serve) PM will subtract the auto payment from there instead of your credit/bank. you'll avoid all these headaches you're running into right now. sometimes the auto pay doesn't work correctly and it won't subtract funds from your credit/bank account. you will still qualify for the $2 auto pay reward. 

@EvaErased 

Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick 
    lst.png

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

EvaErased

Yes service has actually stopped 

EvaErased

Perfect. That's what I did. Opened up a ticket. I unfortunately do not have service.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

If you need to contact a moderator for assistance:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@EvaErased  if you phone is still working stay away until the plan renewal process is complete otherwise you risk messing up your account.

If your phone working? Can you make a call?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@EvaErased , has your service actually stopped?  If not, please ignore the transitional phases the self serve account undergoes during the renewal process which can take many hours.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@EvaErased When entering your debit or credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement (capitalize all if necessary)
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable,  enter your apt # in the street address field: xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces (if there is a space on the credit card statement, then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Also, what is the message you get if call 611?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

On your renewal date it is normal for your account to show as being suspended.  If your service works then ignore then message and usually the status gets updated and changes back to active.  If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank. If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

gandhoksimran

Same with me 2day.

Need Help? Let's chat.