cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card being Charged After I switched companies

SierraReibling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am no longer with Public Mobile but they keep charging my credit card. How can I get this fixed, my account does not work since I have not been a user? So I can not remove autopay.

14 REPLIES 14

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't like linking bank account.

For cc, I can call cc company for missing my card and ask cc company to stop future payment and get my new card with new number in couple of weeks.  I can use my other cc why waiting for the new card to come. It is not major inconvenience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

This more so tells me that any prudent individual that wants to avoid a potential credit card issue, to do their due diligence vs “assuming” it will be all taken care of because you ported out. 

Sure...we all like the "assume" word. It. Just. Should. Be. Porting closes accounts. No one should have to do any due diligence. It's how it's supposed to work.

I certainly would remove credit cards and such if I were intending to stop doing business with a business. It's my primary reason for never doing recurring-bill auto-debits. But the method is that all business relations stop at porting. I shake my head when I read these reports here of the company still taking money well after porting out.

I'll give you the possibility that this customer ported to Telus or Koodo and that your story is interesting.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

And to mention to call 611....would that work.....ported out.....or call from a different number?

Ok then I'll say it. No. Calling the IVR would not help. And no the stupid payment system should never charge after porting/closing. People shouldn't have to give that a thought. Port out, assume account closes, wipe hands, walk away. That's how it should be.

But this company can't seem to get payments or closures right all the time through no fault of the customer.

I just thought of something. There is no doubt that the PM system is an extract from Telus prepaid. I called Telus way before I ported to PM to remove my credit card as I had a decent balance to carry me for a few months. But since I have access my Telus account for TV and internet I kept noticing both of our prepaid accounts still showed......they did NOT close as a result of porting to PM. I called and asked why our two accounts still showed. And was advised they would hold them open for a period of time “in case I changed my mind”. Perhaps because of the balance? So perhaps the “switch” does not work and more so if you port from Telus to PM or vice versa or the “switch” is faulty when you leave  to any carrier?

This more so tells me that any prudent individual that wants to avoid a potential credit card issue, to do their due diligence vs “assuming” it will be all taken care of because you ported out. 

@Anonymous 

Lol..... pm has a payment system that at times fails to take a payment and cuts off your service yet you can cancel your service and close your account yet somehow that same payment system can then take a payment for a non existent service. Mind boggling!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

And to mention to call 611....would that work.....ported out.....or call from a different number?

Ok then I'll say it. No. Calling the IVR would not help. And no the stupid payment system should never charge after porting/closing. People shouldn't have to give that a thought. Port out, assume account closes, wipe hands, walk away. That's how it should be.

But this company can't seem to get payments or closures right all the time through no fault of the customer.

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

It's easy to forget to remove autopay and port out your number and then realise you forgot but now no longer have access to your self serve account. In reality this really should not happen.....if you no longer have service, an active account (it automatically closes) then the autopay service should not be able to charge a credit card......uncommon as this situation is....

Lol for some it is🥴

@LurganIeUk 

It's easy to forget to remove autopay and port out your number and then realise you forgot but now no longer have access to your self serve account. In reality this really should not happen.....if you no longer have service, an active account (it automatically closes) then the autopay service should not be able to charge a credit card......uncommon as this situation is....

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@SierraReibling try calling your bank to see if they can put a stop order on public mobile

@SierraReibling 

Include in your private message as much account information as you can remember to speed up the process of finding your deactivated account. Such as:

1. Email, phone #, pin #.
  2. Name and address on account. 
  3.  Account #

You can wait for a response or you could supply your credit card # as well.  Leave out the expiry date. You can supply it and the 3 digit cvv code for when they need to process the refund.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@SierraReibling wrote:

I am no longer with Public Mobile but they keep charging my credit card. How can I get this fixed, my account does not work since I have not been a user? So I can not remove autopay.

Just out of curiosity, why did your not remove your credit card before you left? Only common sense to remove it to protect yourself from future events. 

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SierraReibling  Since you are no longer a client best to click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SierraReibling wrote:

When did you port your PM number to your new provider?  Date 1

What is the transaction date on your cc?  Date 2

If Date1 is later than Date 2, you port your number out after your last renewal.

But you can create a support ticket to ask moderator to remove your autopay info.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@SierraReibling wrote:

You can log into self service to remove autopay or call 1-855-4PUBLIC. 

If you ported your number out it will be closed automatically. 

If you cannot access your account then contact a moderator to have them remove autopay.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the quote bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Call 611..press 5 to Remove Autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.