cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Payment Issue - Mastercard

ineedhelp12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm experiencing technical difficulties trying to setup auto payment on two different Mastercard credit cards. Does PM not accept Mastercards anymore? Please help!

Please note, I've tried the following methods so far with no luck:

- Clear browser cache/cookies

- Open new window/tab in Incognito mode

- Use a different browser

- Ensure postal code does not have a space

- Ensure to not include apt/suite number

- Ensure billing address is correct

14 REPLIES 14

ineedhelp12

I've reached out to a moderator regarding the Mastercard payment issue. I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions!

I'm suspecting PM's Mastercard payment setup may be buggy. I never had any issues with my Visa credit card.

@Tomski wrote:

I've been having the same issue: several MasterCards not accepted regardless of what and how I entered info in address box. Had to use my wife's Visa and it worked on first try!

What the heck? 

Has anybody been able to find out if the no longer accept MasterCard? This would be very odd!

Over the years, I have seen a higher number of complaints about Mastercard vs. Visa at Pubilc Mobile. I'll say that even when several others were mentioning issues with paying with Mastercard, I continued to use one just fine. I no longer have a Mastercard to test though.

Tomski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been having the same issue: several MasterCards not accepted regardless of what and how I entered info in address box. Had to use my wife's Visa and it worked on first try!

What the heck? 

Has anybody been able to find out if the no longer accept MasterCard? This would be very odd!

@ineedhelp12 

-If you have a middle name/initials enter it either in your last name box before your first name or in your first name box after your first name
-Use all capital letters if billing is all capital letters

contact customer support here if you are still experiencing issues

cannot process payment
(use the chat bubble options, click "voucher" then click "contact us" then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Only a wild guess. Can you input address to PM exactly the same as you name and address as printed on your monthly statement. And card number not xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. 

ineedhelp12

Thanks for the tips everyone. I live in a house address, no apartment/suit number. I even tried the abbreviation of my street address.  So far no luck! 

@missorange means apartment (apt.) number. 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Mastercard works. As mentioned, check billing address, and don't put the apr. no.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@ineedhelp12 wrote:

I'm experiencing technical difficulties trying to setup auto payment on two different Mastercard credit cards. Does PM not accept Mastercards anymore? Please help!

Please note, I've tried the following methods so far with no luck:

- Clear browser cache/cookies

- Open new window/tab in Incognito mode

- Use a different browser

Once you have your MasterCard card in place, can I suggest. 

Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

Copyright 2020

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ineedhelp12  as long as the MasterCards are issued by an American or Canadian bank. It should work. Try one more time to add them.

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

If this fails contact the moderators as mentioned above.  They are probably locked for attempts. Ask them to add it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ineedhelp12 wrote:

Thanks for the reminder! Forgot to mention this in the post as well, I made sure my profile address match with my billing address (credit card). Both of my credit cards are issued by Canadian banks. Only my Visa credit card will work, but not my Mastercards. 

The profile address is meaningless to the credit card. The address you enter for credit card details is the one that matters. Maybe your two Mastercards are just a little too picky.

ineedhelp12

Thanks for the reminder! Forgot to mention this in the post as well, I made sure my profile address match with my billing address (credit card). Both of my credit cards are issued by Canadian banks. Only my Visa credit card will work, but not my Mastercards. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to register a MC credit card.

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question on the bottom right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ineedhelp12 wrote:

Make sure the address you enter matches the billing address of the card. Don't use the apt# field. Don't have the space in the postal code or else drop the last digit.

Of course the card has to be issued from Canada or US and using a Canada or US address.

Need Help? Let's chat.