cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frasermacrae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Credit Card Not Verified

I didn't make any changes to my account. All of a sudden, Public Mobile will not charge my credit card for autopay.

I have tried to re-enter my credit card information but it will not verify my card. I removed the card altogether and it will not verify the card when I try to re-enter it. I have called my bank and ensured that my credit card is working just fine.

I do not have any vouchers and cannot make a payment over 611 without having a credit card attached to my account.

How can I restore service to my account? My plan expired yesterday and so my phone is in paper-weight mode.

Accepted Solutions
JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Re: Credit Card Not Verified

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address Exactly as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

If you need to contact a moderator do the following:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

View solution in original post

All Replies
JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address Exactly as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

If you need to contact a moderator do the following:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

View solution in original post

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@frasermacrae wrote:

I do not have any vouchers and cannot make a payment over 611 without having a credit card attached to my account.

How can I restore service to my account? My plan expired yesterday and so my phone is in paper-weight mode.

You can buy vouchers online from a few places if that interests you. Let us know if it does. They cost a little more than from a store but the convenience is nice.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@frasermacrae wrote:

I didn't make any changes to my account. All of a sudden, Public Mobile will not charge my credit card for autopay.

I have tried to re-enter my credit card information but it will not verify my card. I removed the card altogether and it will not verify the card when I try to re-enter it. I have called my bank and ensured that my credit card is working just fine.

Log into My Account / Payment..then scroll down to Manage my card. You can then re-add your cc info...very carefully.

Good luck.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@frasermacrae Use recharge.com or zoom.com or  a vouchet to add payment . See how to use 611 here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

Then use it to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Stay safe.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@frasermacrae Use 611 to add your credit card.

611 can only use a pre-registered card (and vouchers). Not maintain cards.

(thanks for the link 🙂 )

frasermacrae

Thank you for this advice. I have tried all of that and am waiting for a moderator

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 your 611 reference diagram says that you can remove, or add autopay. Are you saying it isn't possible now? Thanks. 

frasermacrae

I would prefer to keep my credit card since I enjoy my autopay discount.

frasermacrae

I have tried this, it will not verify my card when attempting to re-enter it.

Need Help? Let's chat.