cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Not Verified

frasermacrae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't make any changes to my account. All of a sudden, Public Mobile will not charge my credit card for autopay.

I have tried to re-enter my credit card information but it will not verify my card. I removed the card altogether and it will not verify the card when I try to re-enter it. I have called my bank and ensured that my credit card is working just fine.

I do not have any vouchers and cannot make a payment over 611 without having a credit card attached to my account.

How can I restore service to my account? My plan expired yesterday and so my phone is in paper-weight mode.

15 REPLIES 15

lireland20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This has been the bane of my life for the past few months and today I FINALLY managed to add my debit card!

My bank formats my address as 1234 - 10 Fake Name Street and when I was entering it in the same way it didn't work. When I shortened 'Street' to 'St' it worked!

So the successful format for me was: 1234 - 10 Fake Name St

Hope this helps!

@frasermacrae 

I think the answer to this is using ALL CAPS. As the moderator suggested your financial institution may have made minor changes to your billing. Compare an old statement to your new one ( if you get paper billing.) This is harder to notice if you get electronic billing or for the financial institution to notice as well.

frasermacrae

For anyone interested in the solution:

Public Mobile's financial team blocked my credit card because they noticed that some details from the card did not exactly match my account. I am not sure what details they had a problem with since everything looked identical to me. Nevertheless, moderators have assured me that the financial team will fix the problem within the next 48 hours.

I would like to add that I have been a public mobile customer for over a year and have not had a problem until now. I also did not make any changes to my account or payment information to trigger this response from Public Mobile. A moderator suggested that my financial institution may have made slight changes to my account information but, as far as I can tell, in conversing with my financial institution, this was not the case.

Thank you to everyone who had suggestions for me! The response from the community was terrific and I am very grateful for all of your help.

steve385
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I had the same problem on earlier this week and my account was suspended after a year of everything working properly with monthly payments.  For some reason auto-pay was no long able to charge my credit card and I tried entering my credit card directly to make a payment and that did not work either. I bought a $10 voucher from recharge.com to test if that would work and it did. However, when I tried to buy another voucher to make up the rest of the amount they also wouldn't accept my credit card.  Throughout this process, the mod was helpful to me with information and was quick to respond.

Finally today, after several days without any phone service, I went back into my account and was able to make a payment using my credit card.  I recall reading on this forum to type in exactly your name and address as it shows up in your credit card/online banking.  Also, I typed my name in all CAPS as it shows up on the card. For whatever reason, this worked for me today. Hope you have some luck getting your phone back up and running.

@frasermacrae wrote:

Thank you for this advice. I have tried all of that and am waiting for a moderator

For future reference, let us know when you get resolution and what the original problem was.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Anonymous your 611 reference diagram says that you can remove, or add autopay. Are you saying it isn't possible now? Thanks. 

That's autopay. That's an extra thing to do with a pre-registered card.

frasermacrae

I have tried this, it will not verify my card when attempting to re-enter it.

frasermacrae

I would prefer to keep my credit card since I enjoy my autopay discount.

@Anonymous your 611 reference diagram says that you can remove, or add autopay. Are you saying it isn't possible now? Thanks. 

frasermacrae

Thank you for this advice. I have tried all of that and am waiting for a moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@frasermacrae Use 611 to add your credit card.

611 can only use a pre-registered card (and vouchers). Not maintain cards.

(thanks for the link 🙂 )

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@frasermacrae Use recharge.com or zoom.com or  a vouchet to add payment . See how to use 611 here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

Then use it to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Stay safe.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@frasermacrae wrote:

I didn't make any changes to my account. All of a sudden, Public Mobile will not charge my credit card for autopay.

I have tried to re-enter my credit card information but it will not verify my card. I removed the card altogether and it will not verify the card when I try to re-enter it. I have called my bank and ensured that my credit card is working just fine.

I do not have any vouchers and cannot make a payment over 611 without having a credit card attached to my account.

How can I restore service to my account? My plan expired yesterday and so my phone is in paper-weight mode.

Log into My Account / Payment..then scroll down to Manage my card. You can then re-add your cc info...very carefully.

Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frasermacrae wrote:

You can buy vouchers online from a few places if that interests you. Let us know if it does. They cost a little more than from a store but the convenience is nice.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address Exactly as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

If you need to contact a moderator do the following:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.