cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Error

mgendron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

The credit card I've been using since I signed up suddenly stopped working today. Autopay failed so I had no service for most of the day. I tried manually paying online and it gave me an error saying it could not verify my cards information. I tried re-adding the card but it gave me the same error.

I called my credit card company and they said everything was fine and there were no recent charge attempts and they recommended contacting Public Mobile.

To fix the issue I had to use my boyfriends Visa which worked fine. For the record my card is Mastercard. Is there some issue using Mastercard at the moment?

Thank you for your time.

6 REPLIES 6

mgendron

You'll most likely need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team to get it fixed.
Here's the link: click here

Smartin_20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still fails for my visa with scotiabank. Seems Salt Payments Inc is failing to send through to card issuer. 

mgendron

Turns out there was a problem with the payment proccessor validating my card. Not sure what the problem was since it worked before with the exact same information, but the issue is now fixed.

Thank you everyone for your help 🙂

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Augh! I hate that and I know exactly how you feel @mgendronthe address has to match how the address is showing with your credit card company.  The best way to match it is to view a credit card statement and see how the statement is addressed to you.  Make sure you type in the address the same as in the statement.

I was having this issue all the time with Public Mobile. And I just found out if you live in an apartment building, we have the option to enter the apartment building or suite number in the box beside the street address. DONT DO THAT!

Why? This is why the system is not accepting out payments. It's the payment system that is not understanding the suite number for whatever reason. The rumour is to not include a # of apartment or condo since the system does not accept them is confirmed. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paiement-de-votre-service/Re-Impossible-de-faire-un-p...

I input my address as Apt#-Street#, simply because it is the preferred addressing method as advised by Canada Post. And now by Public Mobile. I probably can guarantee you this will now work for you. So, in your address when putting in your address for your credit card.

See my screenshot.

Address-with-comments.pngThis is how you should do it! By leaving the Apt# dialog box empty, and entering your address like a letter, will work in the payment system

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mgendron Sorry to hear that you having issues.

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.