cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Charged Twice

Lorina12_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card was charged twice this month, any idea how to go about getting a refund?

29 REPLIES 29

@Lorina12_  Its usually best to just ask for a credit which will be applied to your account almost immeadiately and use it for you next renewal unless you are leaving pm.

Tammy42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You have to contact the monator, and they will help you fix the mistake.

Lorina12_

I contacted the moderator through the email option on the community page, they refunded my CC within 20-30 days !

@Helpplease259  Dial 611 if your balance is one of the payments then it will automatically be used during you next plan renewal. If not, submit a ticket.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

Helpplease259

I got charged twice for once month help

Lorina12_

@Nathy2019 Not sure how it took so long, but you've arrived at the Solution marked in the 2nd post of this long thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Credit-Card-Charged-Twice/m-p....

To save some time and angst in the future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum, or, if appropriate, submitting a ticket directly to the moderators. To do that you click the ? on the lower right of this page, then click "Contact us", then click "Submit ticket", and follow the directions to do so.

Welcome to PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Nathy2019

@GinYVR wrote:

@darliciousThere isn't much regular users can do by viewing @Ellen2019 's credit card statements and payment history, since only the moderators have ability to remediate the issue. I suggest just let them deal directly with the moderators. Double charges get reported on this forum regularly, this is not the first time, nor will be the last.

I would also won't recommend disputing charges until the OP has really ran out of option and is sure the credit card holder will not use Telus as a service provider. Telus does have a right to refuse service in the future.

Good suggestion. We will contact with the moderators and will let you know the solution. Thanks again everyone!

@darliciousThere isn't much regular users can do by viewing @Ellen2019 's credit card statements and payment history, since only the moderators have ability to remediate the issue. I suggest just let them deal directly with the moderators. Double charges get reported on this forum regularly, this is not the first time, nor will be the last.

I would also won't recommend disputing charges until the OP has really ran out of option and is sure the credit card holder will not use Telus as a service provider. Telus does have a right to refuse service in the future.

@Nathy2019 wrote:

I am so sorry having caused the confusion. Ellen2019 is my daughter. I was out for something and she was there to continue the topic and forgot to introduce the background. What Ellen2019 described is right information.  

As we mentioned, there are no payments related with the current balance in the self service account. However two same transcactions  in are shown in my credit card statement.  

Thanks everybody for responding this topic. 

@Jb456 wrote:

K this is getting confusing cause this is an old thread that @Nathy2019  opened back up.

We are waiting for a response from @Nathy2019 

Now we have @Ellen2019  saying overcharged to but not any details

@Ellen2019  can you write in detail the issues you are experiencing so the community can try to assist you? Thanks

If you blank out the personal information a screenshot of your transaction history and account would help sort it out. And the dates and amounts of your credit charges from pm.

Nathy2019

Thanks.

@Jb456 wrote:

@Nathy2019 wrote:

I am so sorry having caused the confusion. Ellen2019 is my daughter. I was out for something and she was there to continue the topic and forgot to introduce the background. What Ellen2019 described is right information.  

As we mentioned, there are no payments related with the current balance in the self service account. However two same transcactions  in are shown in my credit card statement.  

@Jb456 wrote:

K this is getting confusing cause this is an old thread that @Nathy2019  opened back up.

@Ellen2019  can you write in detail the issues you are experiencing so the community can try to assist you? Thanks

Simon.JPG

Contact moderators to investigate your issue. 

@Nathy2019 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Simon.JPG

Contact moderators to investigate your issue. 

Nathy2019

@Jb456 wrote:

As I said if she really needed to and she was leaving pm it's an option but not one I would necessarily recommend....i presented the benefit of having a balance as preferable.

And when public mobile credit card processor blacklists their credit card for a reversal then what will they do for future payments? I wouldn't suggest them to do such a thing....

@darlicious wrote:

It's not the end of the world you paid for your current cycle and now you have your payment for the next one. You won't have worry about relying on Auto Pay to screw up. A little earlier than planned but it's always a good idea to top up your account manually than depending on Auto Pay. If it's a cash flow thing you could always appeal to the credit card company or bank for the double charge. Some banks have an app for that and you could dispute the charge but unless you plan on leaving pm....just keep it as a balance for next renewal.

It's not the end of the world you paid for your current cycle and now you have your payment for the next one. You won't have worry about relying on Auto Pay to screw up. A little earlier than planned but it's always a good idea to top up your account manually than depending on Auto Pay. If it's a cash flow thing you could always appeal to the credit card company or bank for the double charge. Some banks have an app for that and you could dispute the charge but unless you plan on leaving pm....just keep it as a balance for next renewal.

Ellen2019

@darlicious wrote:

Is the payment showing on your credit card as a transaction and as a pending transaction? This can show for up to a day as it processes from pending to posted by vendor.

as two transaction.

Ellen2019

@Jb456 wrote:

@Nathy2019 

When you pay for a plan it is automatically debited from your balance as you're paying in advance for your cell service for 30 days.

If a balance is still showing in your account I am almost certain that is your second charge.

To verify log into your self serve account again and right underneath the "Make Payment" button

You will see "View Payment History". Check the transactions. Do you see one payment being debited for your service and then a 2nd payment (which is

In your account balance)???

There are a balance, but I am sure that is not from my second charge. 

Is the payment showing on your credit card as a transaction and as a pending transaction? This can show for up to a day as it processes from pending to posted by vendor.

@Nathy2019 

When you pay for a plan it is automatically debited from your balance as you're paying in advance for your cell service for 30 days.

If a balance is still showing in your account I am almost certain that is your second charge.

To verify log into your self serve account again and right underneath the "Make Payment" button

You will see "View Payment History". Check the transactions. Do you see one payment being debited for your service and then a 2nd payment (which is

In your account balance)???

Nathy2019

In the self serve account, it only shows one payment; however, on my credit card statement, there are two same charges for public mobile.

@Jb456 wrote:

@Nathy2019 wrote:

Have you got your refund? My credit also was charged twice for my 1st payment. 

@Lorina12_ wrote:

My credit card was charged twice this month, any idea how to go about getting a refund?

Have you tried logging into your self serve account and seeing if other charge is in your account balance?

@Nathy2019 wrote:

@Lorina12_ wrote:

Have you tried logging into your self serve account and seeing if other charge is in your account balance?

Nathy2019

@Lorina12_ wrote:

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yikes, I would ask the moderator team about this. Good luck!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lorina12_ wrote:

Did you change plans?

Also some months, like July there is a good chance to be charged twice if your plan renews on the 1st and 31st, but I assume that isn't the problem here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lorina12_ wrote:

@Lorina12_  Dial 611 and listen to you account balance. If one of the payments is reported as a balance it means that the extra payment will be used to pay for your next renewal. If the amount is not included in your balance then notify the moderator.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lorina12_ wrote:

You'll need to contact Moderator_Team here:https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If there was an error with being charged twice, moderators will give you a credit to offset next renewal payment, but unfortunately, refunds are unlikely being PM is a prepaid service.

They may take anywhere from 2-48 hours to respond though.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to contacy a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.