cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Charged (Free Promotion)

rk4m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good afternoon everyone,

I activated my Public Mobile account on December 14, 2019 through Wow! Mobile Boutique at Upper Canada Mall. The promotion stated that the first month would be free (I went with the $50 dollar plan for the first month), as well as SIM card for free, as seen in the image below.

PM.jpg

My credit card bill came for the month of December and showed a charge of $56.50 for December 14, 2019 (same day as the activation). So, I'm a little confused as to why I was charged, when it stated that the first month is free.

IMG-20200113-WA0022.jpg

Also, I had $62.00 in rewards ($10.00 for referral, $2.00 for AutoPay and $50.00 off for the first month).

Transaction History.JPG

So, I'm just wondering how exactly this works. If I got charged $56.50 for December to January, will I be getting January to February for free? It shows that my next bill payment is $40.00 (I switched to the $40.00 plan after realizing I do not use 8GB per month), so I'm under the impression I was not able to get this promotion.

Please let me know if you need any more information and thank you for your help. Hopefully what I wrote makes sense.

16 REPLIES 16

@Rob6116 

If your account says suspended and you have $25 in your balance try clicking on reactivate. If nothing happens then go to your plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Go to your overview page. Does it say active? If so log out and reboot your phone. Your services should now be working.

If that still doesn't work. Add a $1 manual payment to your balance. That should reactivate your service.

@Rob6116 

When you log into your account what does it say? Is there $25 in your balance? Was it your renewal tonight or the night before?

Rob6116
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I downgraded my plan from $50.00 $25.00 card was charged but I don't have any service I thought I was short until I checked my card please fix this  issue and activate my plan I've been waiting for you to fix things all day long and that isn't very good customer service 

@NDesai 

I really glitched something with that post .... more than my usual typos!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector I cannot edit your post either. Weird that it lets me edit everyone else's post but yours. 

I have never seen this before...it will not let me edit my initial post to correct the typo as well as change the $20 referal credit to $10 referal credit. That was a typo, not an error related to the $20 referal bonus in December. But, repeatedly the software tells me I'm not authorized to access my post to edit!

AE_Collector

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rk4m You have got the 1st month FREE after paying your initial payment. You have $24 (account balance) still available in your account for Feb payment. 

Welcome to PM!

@gblackma wrote:

Actually, your second screengrab shows that the credit covered the 2nd  months payment.You  would owe $16 + tax for your February 13th to March 12th bill. 

@rk4m wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Does this mean from January to February, the credit will pay for that month? I was confused because it showed that I would owe about $16.00.

Thank you

($40 - applicable rewards - available funds) + tax. As pointed out above that would be $14 with autopay.

Edit to add link to my chips and piggy bank analogy that explains what's happening with the funds on renewal https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Taxes-not-added-in-payment-hi... 

(in the case discussed in this thread the "Flash sale free 30days" are chips equivalent to the initial plan cost, curtesy of Public Mobile ....)

You are welcome.  Actually, your second screengrab shows that the credit covered the 2nd  months payment.You  would owe $16 + tax for your February 13th to March 12th bill. 

@rk4m wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Does this mean from January to February, the credit will pay for that month? I was confused because it showed that I would owe about $16.00.

Thank you

rk4m

Awesome, thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate it! Have a goodnight.

@rk4m wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

If you are staying on the $40 plan your credit card will be charged with $40 - $2 auto pay reward - $24 available funds = $14 + tax on February 12.

On March 13 it would be $40 - $2 autopay reward = $38 + tax

If you are getting referral rewards or participate in the community to earn community rewards that amout could be less.

January 13 renewal was covered from the balance, nothing going on your credit card. And you still have $24 that will go towards you February 12 (approx) renewal.

AE_Collector

rk4m

Hi,

Thank you

Wow, didn't  see the 2nd  screengrab lol. @AE_Collector solution is correct. As the promotion was 2nd month free. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes you were vgarged the $50 plus tax to get activated with your first month 8ncluded. Then you were credited $50 for your second month as well as $20 for being referred and $2 Autopay credit. All went as it should.

AE_Collector

Yes you were charged the $50 plus tax to get activated with your first month included. Then you were credited $50 for your second month as well as $10 for being referred and $2 Autopay credit. All went as it should have.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

It's the second month free in the promotion. Did you get a $40 credit applied to your account? Since you switched down to the $40 plan.

@rk4m wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

I activated my Public Mobile account on December 14, 2019 through Wow! Mobile Boutique at Upper Canada Mall. The promotion stated that the first month would be free (I went with the $50 dollar plan for the first month), as well as SIM card for free, as seen in the image below.

PM.jpg

My credit card bill came for the month of December and showed a charge of $56.50 for December 14, 2019 (same day as the activation). So, I'm a little confused as to why I was charged, when it stated that the first month is free.

IMG-20200113-WA0022.jpg

Also, I had $62.00 in rewards ($10.00 for referral, $2.00 for AutoPay and $50.00 off for the first month).

Transaction History.JPG

So, I'm just wondering how exactly this works. If I got charged $56.50 for December to January, will I be getting January to February for free? It shows that my next bill payment is $40.00 (I switched to the $40.00 plan after realizing I do not use 8GB per month), so I'm under the impression I was not able to get this promotion.

Please let me know if you need any more information and thank you for your help. Hopefully what I wrote makes sense.

Need Help? Let's chat.