cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't make payment

WEIDONGWANG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello there,

we set up auto payment. but it didn't charge to the card on the due date/ we tried to pay with visa and Mastercard, none of them were accepted. i used both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explore to try, but no luck. please help.

Thank you,

11 REPLIES 11

@WEIDONGWANG  have you tried re-adding your credit card?  When entering your credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Make a patment.png

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@WEIDONGWANG  Try to click on the question mark and ask a mod, you can submit a ticket to talk to someone.

WEIDONGWANG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i tried with calling 611, since i removed auto payment method, it doesn't work anymore

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WEIDONGWANG wrote:

hello there,

It's for phone number 5*8 account 1*7.

we set up auto payment. but it didn't charge to the card on the due date/ we tried to pay with visa and Mastercard, none of them were accepted. i used both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explore to try, but no luck. please help.

Thank you,

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

You can also buy a PM topup voucher to add fund to your account and get your phone working ASAP.  Then ask moderator to fix your autopay issue.

If you don't want to go out during the physical distancing request by our government, you can purchase voucher online using recharge.com, ding.com or muskbird.com.  These site will charge convenience fee.  But it is money well spent to keep the spread of COVID-19 from spreading.

@WEIDONGWANG  When entering your credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@WEIDONGWANG  As well, when you register your card  make sure your addresses match to your public mobile account. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@WEIDONGWANG 

IMPORTANT WARNING: This is a public forum. You should remove your p# and a# immediately otherwise you are in danger of SIM jacking. Click on the 3 dots edit your post to remove that info!!!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@WEIDONGWANG, to make a credit payment, you need to make sure the fields are correct when entering the address in the form, especially if you live in an apartment, condo, suites, units or townhome. I know it may seem redundant but this is how Public Mobile systems work.  A bit quirky? Yes, but we love it here!

Steps to changing payment information

1. Log in to Self-Serve account, and click on the Payment tab
  2. Scroll down a bit until you see 'Manage my card,' and click on this link

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 1.38.47 PM.png

3. A pop-up message may pop open, just wait for the system to find your information

4. Click on either replace this credit card or remove this credit card as shown in the screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 1.38.33 PM.png

5.  If you live in a townhouse, apartment, condo, and so on, I input my address as Apt#-Street#, simply because it is the preferred addressing method as advised by Canada Post. And now by Public Mobile. 

Address-with-comments.png

This is how you should do it! By leaving the Apt# dialogue box empty, and entering your address like a letter, will work in the payment system
  6. Click on Save when ready.
  7. Do watch your email icon at the top of the page here, because if you don't respond when the first contact you, they will cancel the ticket, and you will have re-do the ticket again

*Note: Mastercard Debit seems not the best choice to use. You could use vouchers, but I have a negative experience while others in the forum have pleasant experiences.

**Note2: Make sure you set up Autopay to get the convert $2 savings!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you need to restart your service you can do it with vouchers sold on had stations or recharge.com

Then you can try adding your card in incognito mode, don't use apartment number field and don't use the space for the postal code

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Is your account suspended? And your service not working properly @WEIDONGWANG  ? You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WEIDONGWANG  

Please edit your personal information because it's visible to everyone here.

Try calling 611 from your phone and making payment that way.

If your service working? 

If it just ignores the message you see online.

Need Help? Let's chat.