cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Billing After Cancelled Plan

Thanyaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My mom cancelled her plan with Public Mobile in September but she still got charged for October and November. What do we do? 

11 REPLIES 11

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
As an alternative, if your mum included her credit card info on Public Mobile's Autopay, she can consider contacting her credit card provider to request a chargeback.

@cavemantoronto 

I believe so too, depending on when the port transpired.

@HALIMACS They'd have to refund if the number was ported out. There woudln't be service.  @Thanyaa Does the Public sim still work?

Hi @benfatto 

I would think the OP will get refunded by Public Mobile if in fact the activation with Rogers was done 3 months ago and involved a successful port of her prior Public Mobile phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benfatto wrote:

@Thanyaa  To stop the billing try installing the PM SIM, dial 611 and cancel autopay. 
Any refund must await moderator action but is not guaranteed. 

@benfatto 

611 _would_ be an interesting experiment. The services should certainly have stopped seeing as how their number is working over at Rogers.

I would be raising a stink if I was being charged after porting out. And the actual refund should be within days.

(of course I would have eliminated that risk by removing any payment methods from a place I'm about to leave...but not everybody bothers...and it _should_ close)

@Thanyaa : if that 611 idea works then you would need the 4 digit PIN you had set up here.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Thanyaa  To stop the billing try installing the PM SIM, dial 611 and cancel autopay. 
Any refund must await moderator action but is not guaranteed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thanyaa wrote:

When she switched service providers, Rogers said they contacted Public mobile, which is how she is still using her number that was associated with Public Mobile's account. So I don't know if that closed her account fully? 

Apparently not. It's _supposed_ to. But here we are.

So all you (or the actual account holder or someone who knows all the account verification facts) can do is contact the moderators to get refunded.

Thanyaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When she switched service providers, Rogers said they contacted Public mobile, which is how she is still using her number that was associated with Public Mobile's account. So I don't know if that closed her account fully? 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Does she still have access to get account?

You should contact moderators they will be able to help if the account really got cancelled.

Always remove credit card info before cancelling an account, not only with Publicmobile but any service

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thanyaa wrote:

Hello,

My mom cancelled her plan with Public Mobile in September but she still got charged for October and November. What do we do? 

How do you mean "cancelled"? Did she port out? Simply stop using it?

If a payment card was registered and autopay was set up then the system will just assume you want to keep going.

If you ported out then the system is _supposed_ to close out everything. Unfortunately, there have been sporadic reports of the system continuing to charge even after porting.

You will need to contact the moderators to get that refunded.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Thanyaa 

Contact moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.