cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering turning off autopay... Any impacts?

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Note:

1. This is not about the current outage, and this is not urgent
  2. I read this already but I still need to get my facts straight

I'm going to another non-US country for 2 months. As you know, PM doesn't offer roaming, therefore I want to suspend my plan from the next anniversary date. I currently have AutoPay. So:

• Do I lose the $1 autopay reward when I return, provided that it is still being offered regularly (as in the current situation)?
  • Do I lose the $1/number referral reward when I return?
  • Do I need to make a regular payment before turning on autopay?
  • Although highly unlikely, do referral rewards still apply into balance during suspension?

much thanks

8 REPLIES 8

austinhuang

@essie wrote:

And you wouldn’t lose that plan by suspending it? 

Changing plan would lose it.

If I stop autopay then I don't need to bother suspending it (since I have no balance whatsoever).

essie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

And you wouldn’t lose that plan by suspending it? 

austinhuang

@essie wrote:

Interesting question...if you dont wanna risk it maybe switch to a cheaper plan while youre gone?

I'm on a discontinued promo plan.

essie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Interesting question...if you dont wanna risk it maybe switch to a cheaper plan while youre gone?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@austinhuang  your account needs to be active to receive rewards.  so while in suspended state you will not receive any rewards.  once you come back your rewards will start being collected again.

suspended state will probably defer your eligibility for loyalty rewards by the amount of  time you are suspended state.

as for payment you might need to do a manual payment once you return to get your service going. its hard to say  as you know the system can be finicky,  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinhuang wrote:
.$2 autopay Smiley Happy

So I can't get the rewards back even if I restore autopay?

You don't need to turn off autopay if you suspend yourself.

Edit: after your edit...using the lost/stolen feature lets you control the suspension. Turning off autopay will suspend when the term expires and lose the $2.

austinhuang
.$2 autopay Smiley Happy

So I can't get the rewards back even if I restore autopay?

I'm on 100% autopay whatsoever so stopping autopay will give me the same effect tho

Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinhuang wrote:

Note:

1. This is not about the current outage, and this is not urgent
  2. I read this already but I still need to get my facts straight

I'm going to another non-US country for 2 months. As you know, PM doesn't offer roaming, therefore I want to suspend my plan from the next anniversary date. I currently have AutoPay. So:

• Do I lose the $1 autopay reward when I return, provided that it is still being offered regularly (as in the current situation)?
  • Do I lose the $1/number referral reward when I return?
  • Do I need to make a regular payment before turning on autopay?
  • Although highly unlikely, do referral rewards still apply into balance during suspension?

much thanks

Well...$2 autopay 🙂

Just use the lost/stolen feature to suspend your account. That will affect those that might have got the dollar reward from you though.

Then when you return, manually pay enough for a new term and then undo the suspension and it *should* renew the service.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rewards. They'll re-sync eventually if not immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.