cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with Auto Payment

rscully
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a reminder to update my Auto pay card which I did immediately up on receiving the message. The next bill is due in three weeks but my account is asking for a One time payment now to cover the amount due in 3 weeks? No payments were missed.

The recent payment made via auto pay one week ago shows on my Credit Card statement. 

It is impossible to know if the update I did went through as there seems to be no way to look at it! 

Is there any way of verifying an update?

10 REPLIES 10

Meowington
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, from my research in this community, auttopay sometime has glitch, to do it manually few days before is to prevent the account being suspend or frozen. I beleive when account is under suspend mode, that we might not able to use the phone until system fix the issues. It seems to have a prevent any system being glitchy

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you manually add a dollar into your " my account " account. And it works. Then you have successfully updated your credit card.

rscully

It rather defeats the purposeof having autopay if I will hae tp continually track and manually update y account!

rscully

Exactly. But my new card is same as my old card. The expiry date is the only difference/

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rscully wrote:

I received a reminder to update my Auto pay card which I did immediately up on receiving the message. The next bill is due in three weeks but my account is asking for a One time payment now to cover the amount due in 3 weeks? No payments were missed.

The recent payment made via auto pay one week ago shows on my Credit Card statement. 

It is impossible to know if the update I did went through as there seems to be no way to look at it! 

@rscully Sometimes, autopay doesn't work properly. In order to prevend billing problems, do manual payment even with enabled Autopay. Add funds to account manually with $1 extra than you should pay for your plan, and you always will be fine.

rscully

Why and how?

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you logon your account, and go to manage auto pay, you can see the last 4 digits of the card you have registered.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rscully try manually adding $1 onto your my account.

@rscully wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rscully 

No wonder you're confused. I've not seen a reminder to update a card in my time here. I've seen reminders shortly before expiry to make sure I have autopay or enough funds. I've read about people getting these reminders rather early which is what I suspect you have.

You don't need to make a payment now.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rscully this sounds like an errant message. Typically, a message is sent out 2 to 3 days before renewal as a reminder.  Another message is sent out upon successful renewal.  

Need Help? Let's chat.