cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about payment date and reset date

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received a txt from PM saying that my payment is due Dec 22. I do have auto pay but it is nice to have the reminder. However, I'm a bit confused as to when my data will be reset. 

On my self serve overview page it says payment due Dec 22 by 11:59 pm in order for your plan to restart. I take that to mean that my plan and data will renew on the 23rd after midnight between the 22nd and 23rd.

But, on my rewards page it says my next plan cycle STARTS Dec 22 ( sorry not yelling I just can't find a way to highlight the word). To me that would mean that my data will renew tomorrow the 22nd not on the 23rd.

Which is it?

I have quite a bit of data left, should I be using it all up today, the 21st or will that leave me with no data to check email etc until the 23rd? 

I don't want to lose unused data that I have paid for, and I also don't want to just use it all up and risk being left with no data tomorrow to check email etc. 

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Problems existed with that 11:59pm part even before this silly change. On the midnight before the plan would be renewed, the date would change to say that the plan expired on that date and would advance the previous show date up by one day. Yet, the speech about paying by 11:59pm would still be there.

Indeed. And another of the little things that led us all to tell new customers to stay out of the self-serve on renewal night due to all the dire warnings and goofy details.

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent a long-winded observation/analysis of all the dates and my suggestions thereto to Alan and Tiana. Crickets.

It's ridiculous having that other sentence saying pay before 11:59 of the above date when their service will be suspended by then.

Problems existed with that 11:59pm part even before this silly change. On the midnight before the plan would be renewed, the date would change to say that the plan expired on that date and would advance the previous show date up by one day. Yet, the speech about paying by 11:59pm would still be there.

@computergeek541 @Anonymous  While the two dates are the same on the overview and rewards page the rewards page states: Your new plan starts on 01/01/20 while the overview tells you to pay before 11:59 pm on 01/01/20. The reward page is correct as long as customers deduce the payment must be submitted before that date. Where as the overview is just plain wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@J-L  @Dunkman  I do believe currently the correct payment date is in your rewards section. Use this as your reference until public mobile fixes yet another glitch....kind of a big one as this one could cause account suspensions. Another good reason to manually top up your account a few days before your (supposed) renewal.

The payment date (which is now always incorrect) on your main account summary and the date shown in the rewards section is the first day of the new plan that is being renewed.  Payment must be completed before the time that it gets renewed on that day. Public Mobile really does need to go back to showind date of the day beore. As it is now, Public Mobile is incorrectly telling people that the have until 11:59pm on the stated date. Unfortunately, by that time, it's already too late and service will have already been cut off.

I sent a long-winded observation/analysis of all the dates and my suggestions thereto to Alan and Tiana. Crickets.

It's ridiculous having that other sentence saying pay before 11:59 of the above date when their service will be suspended by then.

@darlicious wrote:

@J-L  @Dunkman  I do believe currently the correct payment date is in your rewards section. Use this as your reference until public mobile fixes yet another glitch....kind of a big one as this one could cause account suspensions. Another good reason to manually top up your account a few days before your (supposed) renewal.

The payment date (which is now always incorrect) on your main account summary and the date shown in the rewards section is the first day of the new plan that is being renewed.  Payment must be completed before the time that it gets renewed on that day. Public Mobile really does need to go back to showind date of the day beore. As it is now, Public Mobile is incorrectly telling people that the have until 11:59pm on the stated date. Unfortunately, by that time, it's already too late and service will have already been cut off.

@J-L 

To confuse things more, PM recently changed their payment date terminology, and timing.  Confused even the regulars on the forum.  

J-L

@hairbag1 wrote:

@J-L wrote:

I received a txt from PM saying that my payment is due Dec 22. I do have auto pay but it is nice to have the reminder. However, I'm a bit confused as to when my data will be reset. 

On my self serve overview page it says payment due Dec 22 by 11:59 pm in order for your plan to restart. I take that to mean that my plan and data will renew on the 23rd after midnight between the 22nd and 23rd.

But, on my rewards page it says my next plan cycle STARTS Dec 22 ( sorry not yelling I just can't find a way to highlight the word). To me that would mean that my data will renew tomorrow the 22nd not on the 23rd.

Which is it?

I have quite a bit of data left, should I be using it all up today, the 21st or will that leave me with no data to check email etc until the 23rd? 

I don't want to lose unused data that I have paid for, and I also don't want to just use it all up and risk being left with no data tomorrow to check email etc. 

At midnight ET on 22nd, your whole plan will renew. Any unused data is lost as it resets at that time as well.

If you find you chronically have unused data at renewal...maybe consider a cheaper plan with not so much data. Remember we have the recent PM gift of FREE 1 GB of data as a back-up.

I usually have no problem using up my data but I was out of country for 2 weeks and could not use my data during that time, hense the reason I was trying to use up data at the last minute. I believed my next payment was not due until Dec 22 at 11:59 pm as per all notices I received from PM however, last night Dec 21, PM took payment a day early (and before 11:59 pm) and reset my account at midnight or just after, a day early and I lost 2G of data. 

J-L

@computergeek541 wrote:

@J-L wrote:

Which is it?

Some time in recent history, Public Mobile change the date that Public Mobile displays in Self Serve. The information presented in everyone's Self Serve account is now incorrect.  It will now show a payment due that this is 24 hours too late.

When it says payment due by 11:59pm on December 22nd, payment really is due the day before. This is recent mistake on Public Mobile's part.

Today is your last day to your plan date up. Also, it's a good idea not to use it all up. While the data counter in your Self Serve account will reset at midnight, personal experience has shown me that data doesn't always start working again imediately at midnight. For me, data remained down for about another half hour.

Yes last month (November) all month long the statement on my overview page said that my payment was due Nov 22 then suddenly 2 days or so before that it changed to say that my payment was not due until the 24th. I knew it should have been the 22nd so I just ignored it ( I have auto pay so I knew it would be covered) the payment did actually come off at 11:59 pm Nov 22 ( I checked my overview page at the time to see what would happen)  However this month it has said all month that payment was due Dec 22 by 11:59 pm and I believed this to be the true and accurate date. Well, last night (the 21st) sometime between 10 and 11 pm and red note appeared on my overview page saying  my account was in suspension and things stopped working. I had 2 G of data left (I could have downloaded a movie or something and finished online shopping to use more of it up in that time span before midnight, but I was unable to do so) ( normally I use up all my data but I was away for 2 weeks and could not use it. Otherwise I would not have been concerned  about trying to use it up at the last minute) So I lost the 2 G left, my payment was taken just before/ around midnight and my account was reset just after midnight. If PM is posting the wrong date on our account and sending text messages with the wrong due date for payment then we should not be penalized and lose data that we should actually be able to use. 

@J-L wrote:

Which is it?

Some time in recent history, Public Mobile change the date that Public Mobile displays in Self Serve. The information presented in everyone's Self Serve account is now incorrect.  It will now show a payment due that this is 24 hours too late.

When it says payment due by 11:59pm on December 22nd, payment really is due the day before. This is recent mistake on Public Mobile's part.

Today is your last day to your plan date up. Also, it's a good idea not to use it all up. While the data counter in your Self Serve account will reset at midnight, personal experience has shown me that data doesn't always start working again imediately at midnight. For me, data remained down for about another half hour.

@J-L Keep in mind if you have any FREE addons such as the 1GB Holiday addon that's available now, try not to use that if you don't have to. Normally your data will just stop when it's finished, but if you have one of these addons, it will consume them too after your plan data is gone.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Use a bunch of it up today and leave enough for tomorrows basic needs such a email and Google maps.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

For the new user, the first renewal is often confusing. Your account will go into renewal mode around 7pm Eastern and you'll see a couple of confusing notices on your self serve account if you look. I recommend you just don't.

However, around midnight EST your payment will be taken and by about 6am EST, the next day, your plan will renew and your data will be full again. These times are approximate. Alot of accounts are being renewed at the same time, but it will likely happen before you wake up, unless your an early bird!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@J-L wrote:

Which is it?

At midnight ET on 22nd, your whole plan will renew. Any unused data is lost as it resets at that time as well.

If you find you chronically have unused data at renewal...maybe consider a cheaper plan with not so much data. Remember we have the recent PM gift of FREE 1 GB of data as a back-up.

Need Help? Let's chat.