cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for Voucher Fiasco

PM3HM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, can we all voice our frustration and request compensation for the voucher system not working and causing so many of us unnecessary frustration and aggravation.  No one should have to go through this. It’s basic that PM system should function properly. Lack of customer service and lack of having a number to call in is fine, but for #$@&%!!? sakes, the basic fundamentals of the system should work and not take this long to figure out what’s wrong and fix it !!!

I hope PM credits all of us 2 months free service.  If we get nothing out of this, then it would be another slap in the face. 

23 REPLIES 23

Other than the delay in the activation of the account due to the voucher failure, the payment date should be reset and funds should be again due in 30 days.  IE no service gone during paid service time.

If your account is suspended, you technically haven't paid for the time it isn't active.  For the hassle of waiting, yes, I believe there should be some form of compensation.

@PM3HM wrote:

Finally, a Mod responded this morning and as usual, needed to verify the account through some exhanges of messages which took another 4 hours, and then manually added the vouchers to my account with NO explanation as to why the issued occurred.  I asked for compensation and received $10 credit and was told I should be lucky to receive $2 auto pay credits.

Is this a direct quote?  I would be interested in passing this up the chain if this is the response you get after waiting this long.  As for the $10 credit the only thing I can think of is how much is your plan and how long were you without service and see if it covers that period cost wise.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PM3HM wrote:

Finally, a Mod responded this morning and as usual, needed to verify the account through some exhanges of messages which took another 4 hours, and then manually added the vouchers to my account with NO explanation as to why the issued occurred.  I asked for compensation and received $10 credit and was told I should be lucky to receive $2 auto pay credits.

Holy crap! You got some attitude after all that?!

Thanks for the update.

PM3HM

PM3HM

I bought my vouchers at Real Canadian Superstore.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@PM3HMcan I ask where did you buy your vouchers?  Trying to see if it is a certain retailer that is having the issues with vouchers

@PM3HMcan I ask where did you buy your vouchers?  Trying to see if it is a certain retailer that is having the issues with vouchers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PM3HM

@PM3HM wrote:

Just an update for everyone, it is now over 72 hours since I purchased the vouchers and they are still not working on PM’s website, and still no response from my messages sent to the Mods. 

Another 13 hours have passed and it is 8:30pm Pacific Time.  Still no response from my message to Mods, no updates on PM's community by Mods, and my vouchers are still not being accepted.  Full picture of my receipt with voucher/PIN #'s have been sent to Mods 3 days ago.

Lauramariesmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much!!! 

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

Compensation is case by case.  I would recommend that all affected customers bring up the topic of compensation for service disruptions when interacting with the moderator team.  Be reasonable, justify the amount and I am sure the would give it appropriate consideration.  Note that is process is essential for those contemplating going the CCTS complaints route.  One of the items required for a complaints to be accepted by the CCTS is contact with the carrier to resolve the issue first.  They are a last resort.

This (emphasis added) applies to any customer complaint to any business. Being reasonable and providing justification has led to many successful resolutions for me. Ranting/raving/screaming gets your complaint spiked. 

@Lauramariesmith 

Another trick to restart your account is to manually load $1 to your available balance.

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Voucher are not sold by Public Mobile and may need to be unlock by a store cashier scan (to prevent stealing) and data send to Public Mobile. Problems may come from sellers not sending data to Public Mobile. Faster and cheaper to get a credit card and buy credits directly from your Public Mobile account and credits are immediately available.

Lauramariesmith

Tried that. Still didn’t work 😞 

@Lauramariesmith 

Have you tried the lost/stolen phone trick?  It seems to reset your SIM card/plan.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

Lauramariesmith

I just wasted $60. $10 through my credit card and $50 through voucher and it says my account status and plan are active but nothing words. I’ve tried resetting my phone multiple times. Nothing has worked. So basically just been scammed $70. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Compensation is case by case.  I would recommend that all affected customers bring up the topic of compensation for service disruptions when interacting with the moderator team.  Be reasonable, justify the amount and I am sure the would give it appropriate consideration.  Note that is process is essential for those contemplating going the CCTS complaints route.  One of the items required for a complaints to be accepted by the CCTS is contact with the carrier to resolve the issue first.  They are a last resort.

mayall

Same here. Voucher was bought on Friday and still doesn't work. Sent message yesterday to mod and no response.

PM3HM

Just an update for everyone, it is now over 72 hours since I purchased the vouchers and they are still not working on PM’s website, and still no response from my messages sent to the Mods. 

@PM3HM wrote:

Hi, can we all voice our frustration and request compensation for the voucher system not working and causing so many of us unnecessary frustration and aggravation.  No one should have to go through this. It’s basic that PM system should function properly. Lack of customer service and lack of having a number to call in is fine, but for #$@&%!!? sakes, the basic fundamentals of the system should work and not take this long to figure out what’s wrong and fix it !!!

I hope PM credits all of us 2 months free service.  If we get nothing out of this, then it would be another slap in the face. 

If past situations provide any clues as to compensation, I see 2 months or 6 months (as suggested in another thread) is highly unlikely.  I'm not sure how Public Mobile would decide who should get such compensation as some people have had some vouchers work but not others. The most recent compensation that I can remember has been free long distance minutes to get around a problem with provincial calling plans.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@PM3HMMaybe you can reference this thread and CCTS file number made by @kovu104 

He is asking for 6 months worth of compensation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Payment-voucher-issues/m-p/39...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@PM3HM wrote:

Your only other option would be to go to the CCTS and file a complaint there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PM3HM 

Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Debit, unofficially Mastercard Debit, some prepaid "credit" card gift cards, vouchers from stores, vouchers online.

When there's a problem with one (or more) then try the others.

But certainly if there's some kind of system problem this company is woefully awful at communicating acknowledgment of the fact and what they're doing about it and whether it's fixed.

Think of the several rewards and the double rewards payout and the other little quirks of the service that go our way as compensation maybe. (flame suit donned)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K  this has been going on for a while. Why has there been no communication from pm? PM promiced more transparency when issues arise.  I believe this is one such situation where communication is needed. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

You can always make a complaint to CCTS https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.