cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Solutions: Credit Card Payment (Authorization / Not Accepted) Issues

NotAnAmbiTurner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been having trouble getting my credit card verified, on several occasions. I wanted to make a thread that addressed the common error messages, and solutions to this issue.

By-and-large, the most common solution for people on the forum is to enter the address information exactly as it is shown on the credit card bill. This means:

1. consider your information as CaSe SeNsItIvE (my card was finally accepted after I entered my street address in ALL CAPS)
    • I had been entering (unsuccessfully) "1234 Negative Drive"
    • The fix was to enter "888-1234 NEGATIVE DRIVE"
  2. ignore the "unit number" field in the credit card information location
    • users have reported that they have been successful entering:
      • 888-1234 NEGATIVE DRIVE (exactly as shown on their card) in the address box
      • leaving the unit box blank
    • conversley, the same users have reported they have been unsuccessful entering:
      • "1234 NEGATIVE DRIVE" in the address box
      • "888" in the unit box
    • if your address shows up as "Unit 888, 1234 Negative dirve". you may try that as well
    • ensure the spaces are accurate

Please add the fixes that have worked for you below. I do not intend to incorporate the additions into one authoritative post, though the moderators may wish to.

2 REPLIES 2

@NotAnAmbiTurner Just for your "amusement"  have a look here for more odd things,: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NotAnAmbiTurner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

By-and-large, the most common solution for people on the forum is to enter the address information exactly as it is shown on the credit card bill. This means:

1. consider your information as CaSe SeNsItIvE (my card was finally accepted after I entered my street address in ALL CAPS)
    • I had been entering (unsuccessfully) "1234 Negative Drive"
    • The fix was to enter "888-1234 NEGATIVE DRIVE"
  2. ignore the "unit number" field in the credit card information location
    • users have reported that they have been successful entering:
      • 888-1234 NEGATIVE DRIVE (exactly as shown on their card) in the address box
      • leaving the unit box blank
    • conversley, the same users have reported they have been unsuccessful entering:
      • "1234 NEGATIVE DRIVE" in the address box
      • "888" in the unit box
    • if your address shows up as "Unit 888, 1234 Negative dirve". you may try that as well
    • ensure the spaces are accurate
Need Help? Let's chat.