cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing account with a positive account balance

StandingWaves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have about $75 as a possitive account balance that will be automatically applied to the next bill.  I am looking at closing my account to move to some competitor promos, but I need to know how the positive balance is dealt with.

5 REPLIES 5

@StandingWaves wrote:

I currently have about $75 as a possitive account balance that will be automatically applied to the next bill.  I am looking at closing my account to move to some competitor promos, but I need to know how the positive balance is dealt with.

It gets wipe out and is lost if you port your number out.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you haven't actually used the funds to purchase anything yet, you MAY be eligible to have that money refunded.  Alternatively, I think funds in your account can be transferred to Koodo or Telus, if you are porting to one of those.  See what the Moderators have to say.

StandingWaves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't pre-pay for anything.  I just added funds to my account.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

You should reach out to the moderator team - they are PM employees and can help with account issues. Working on a first come, first serve basis, they will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Edit: @closng beat me to it!

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @StandingWaves,

Sad to hear that you will be moving to a different provider. As you may already know Public Mobile is a prepaid service and typically once you make a payment to Public Mobile, there are no refunds. However, every case is different and there may be some exceptions. 

I would encourage you to send a message to the Moderators to see if there is anything that can be done with regards to the credit sitting in your account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.