cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout failed but billed me anyway

aviato
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

on January 21st i tried signing up to public mobile. The webpage was ridiculously slow, and i got an error at the end of the order process. It timed out, and displayed an error page indicating that the signup process failed. To be sure it failed i tried logging into to my account and it gave a login failed error. I also did not receive a welcome email, or invoice. So all signs pointed to the order process having failed.

Well it turns out it didn't fail, because later when i reviewed my statement i could see i was charged. I Still cant log in to my account, and haven't received anything from public mobile. I haven't tested my sim since when the order failed and i didnt receive anything, i assumed the order failed and i had to rebill with my other old provider.

So right now im paying for public even though i cant use it. I would need either a refund, or to put the account on hold for a month (until my service ends with my current service provider, which is in a few weeks) and get some type of credit for the lost days. I tried to private message a mod and its been a few days with no reply.

10 REPLIES 10

@aviato ask politely 👍

aviato
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Guys,

so i tried my public mobile sim and it did work. That wasn't really my issue however, since when it looked like it failed i had to rebill with my old carrier and now im stuck paying twice. This does give me some other options however. I would expect that they will credit me for the month im being billed for that im not using, since it was entirely their fault.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@aviato 

Can you try inserting the Public Mobile SIM card in your phone just to see if the activation may have proceeded to the point of activating the SIM?

@aviato can you confirm if you try inserting the SIM in phone and see if you can dial out and receive calls?  I have seen in multiple situation.. happened to my friends as well..  the page crashed but account was created.  Just the webserver didn't return the result properly.  There is a big chance that your service was already up and running.  Please try

That's probably true, @gpixel , thanks.   OP should use option 2 to contact moderators or use phrasing you provide.

Before all that, however, I think they might try the SIM card just to see if it works.

The OP suggested in initial post they hadn't done so on the assumption it wouldn't work.

account related issue won't work because they will need to verify their account. 

'forgot log in information' is the only one that bypasses this

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@aviato 

Can you try inserting the Public Mobile SIM card in your phone just to see if the activation may have proceeded to the point of activating the SIM?

If it did, at least you can cancel your other service (if that option is available to you)

If your SIM is not providing phone service, then Moderators are your only hope.  I'd send another ticket and explain you've been charged but have had NO SERVICE after 4 days.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@aviato follow these instructions please

please click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "forgot log in information"
(use the chat bubble options, click "contact us" then click "click here to submit a ticket)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Moderators are available from
- Monday to Friday: 9AM- 9PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 9AM- 7PM EST

check your private message inbox tomorrow morning

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

The OP can't create a ticket because their login failed. Any other suggestions?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@aviato It does sometimes happen that a new activation only partly completes even though payment is taken. Assuming you can see the ticket creation in your private messages, it is a waiting game. 

When did you submit the ticket?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@aviato wrote:

Hi,

on January 21st i tried signing up to public mobile. The webpage was ridiculously slow, and i got an error at the end of the order process. It timed out, and displayed an error page indicating that the signup process failed. To be sure it failed i tried logging into to my account and it gave a login failed error. I also did not receive a welcome email, or invoice. So all signs pointed to the order process having failed.

Well it turns out it didn't fail, because later when i reviewed my statement i could see i was charged. I Still cant log in to my account, and haven't received anything from public mobile. I haven't tested my sim since when the order failed and i didnt receive anything, i assumed the order failed and i had to rebill with my other old provider.

So right now im paying for public even though i cant use it. I would need either a refund, or to put the account on hold for a month (until my service ends with my current service provider, which is in a few weeks) and get some type of credit for the lost days. I tried to private message a mod and its been a few days with no reply.

Hello @aviato ,

Sorry to hear that. Only the Moderators can review your case. If you put in a ticket days ago, I would put in another.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - For your situation....Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.