cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cheapest way to pay?

Hey guys, what's the cheapest way to pay for a PM plan?

I've heard of a 5% off credit somewhere, is that still around? 

For reference, I'm in Alberta. 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Cheapest way to pay?

@biggestbarnacle  You must be my distant cousin I'm a barnacle in my fish gang....the mollusk chapter.....but as far as the cheapest way to pay especially in alberta would be either any credit card with a high cashback at drugstores or a koho card with their minimum 0.5% cash back an extra 1% If you are referred ( talk to @brettster99) and everyone you refer an extra 1% plus thru your account an extra 2% for public mobile so a minimum 2.5%+ and presumably purchasing  pm vouchers at London drugs as an LD extras member (free to join) in $10 increments (×10) will earn you a $5 coupon earnable and redeemable for vouchers and counted as cash. Essentially a 5% savings ( plus a $5 birthday coupon). So a minimum 2.5% koho +5% LDX =7.5%+ savings or a max credit card 4%+5% LDX=9%  +7%-10% pst savings the rest of us provincial dwellers pay.

The koho card purchasing  pm vouchers at London drugs is non proven but they are listed on your statement as PUBLIC MOBILE so it should work.

@Luddite   Not only do you have to be good to get money from the tooth fairy you don't get paid for teeth with fillings....theyve already been paid for.....

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@biggestbarnacle  for me the cheapest way to pay is using a pc MasterCard and getting $2 on autopay. I'm calling in @darlicious. This is one of her areas of expertise. Stay safe 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@biggestbarnacle Rewards from any cards will help, amplii is one if the places I think you may be sighting. Alberta pays less tax so you have a legg up on us in the east coast. 

canadiancellaupplies.com had vouchers for 20% off but they are usually sold out now.

Search for ways to make passive money, rakuten, swagbucks, payTM they use those funds towards public.

Hope this ia helpful. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gblackma yeah I get 2% cash back from my master card so that helps. 

Highlighted
Oracle

@biggestbarnacle wrote:

Thanks

Any cash back credit card helps, some have affiliate programs with PM I think Koho is one.  I sure other members have more.  The cheapest way to pay for your plan is get others to do it for you by referring them and lowering your bill by $1 for everyone you refer.  Also enable auto-pay.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@biggestbarnacle  KOHO credit card + Auto-Pay.

Highlighted
Oracle

@biggestbarnacle wrote:

Thanks

Use someone else's credit card. 😎

If that's not available, check out how to earn rewards: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans. In increasing order of difficulty they are autopay, loyalty, referrals and community,

There is nothing from PM offering 5%; something like that would be credit card specific.

Now and then you may see vouchers discounted from some resellers.

Oh ya, just remembered everyone can reduce their HST by using Alberta phone numbers! 🤣

Welcome to the forum.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Oracle

@gblackma wrote:

@biggestbarnacle  I'm calling in @darlicious. This is one of her areas of expertise. Stay safe 

Can you call on the tooth fairy too? I'm so old losing teeth has begun but the tooth fairy never comes. 🤣

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Luddite  I heard that for adult teeth you have to break out the Johnny Walker Blue.🍷

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@biggestbarnacle  You must be my distant cousin I'm a barnacle in my fish gang....the mollusk chapter.....but as far as the cheapest way to pay especially in alberta would be either any credit card with a high cashback at drugstores or a koho card with their minimum 0.5% cash back an extra 1% If you are referred ( talk to @brettster99) and everyone you refer an extra 1% plus thru your account an extra 2% for public mobile so a minimum 2.5%+ and presumably purchasing  pm vouchers at London drugs as an LD extras member (free to join) in $10 increments (×10) will earn you a $5 coupon earnable and redeemable for vouchers and counted as cash. Essentially a 5% savings ( plus a $5 birthday coupon). So a minimum 2.5% koho +5% LDX =7.5%+ savings or a max credit card 4%+5% LDX=9%  +7%-10% pst savings the rest of us provincial dwellers pay.

The koho card purchasing  pm vouchers at London drugs is non proven but they are listed on your statement as PUBLIC MOBILE so it should work.

@Luddite   Not only do you have to be good to get money from the tooth fairy you don't get paid for teeth with fillings....theyve already been paid for.....

View solution in original post