cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for plan changes

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If I decide I want to change my plan mid cycle, what charges do I incurr? Are the two charges prorated?

11 REPLIES 11

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm on your side Chucky!

@bravo_md wrote:

Hey, will Chuck lose his 5 GB data add on promo that he just got (or is waiting to get ) if he switchs his plan?

Yes the add-on will stay in his account until it's all used up.

Another great insight!

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey, will Chuck lose his 5 GB data add on promo that he just got (or is waiting to get ) if he switchs his plan?

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I'm not confusing anything with anything. I'm new here and I'm just trying to get the lay of the land. My take is, if you see a plan you like better, you have to decide if it's worth it to transfer... In the long run!

You are new and it's a good thing that you asked your question here!!

It's YOUR decision finally...but with all comments you will know what will happen if you change earlier than your renewal date.Smiley Happy

I'm not confusing anything with anything. I'm new here and I'm just trying to get the lay of the land. My take is, if you see a plan you like better, you have to decide if it's worth it to transfer... In the long run!

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM is a prepaid service and if you leave or change your plan midway of the payment cycle there is no credit given to you. As others said, your best option is to change your plan towards the end of the payment cycle. Do not confuse PM services with postpaid services, such as Telus, Bell and Rogers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChuckYeah 

In addition to what was said, you will not receive any rewards as rewards are earned at 30 days cycle.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChuckYeah wrote:

If I decide I want to change my plan mid cycle, what charges do I incurr? Are the two charges prorated?

There is no prorate here. PM is a prepaid service. If you change mid way through your billing cycle you will lose what you paid for the plan and be billied for the new plan immediatley. The best way to change your plan is to select change on next renewel date.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ChuckYeah There are no fees for changing your plan mid-cycle, but you will have to immediately pay the full cost of the new plan and lose the remainder of your current one, you will not get money off the new plan. If there is a plan you want that is only available for a limited time, setting up for a plan change to occur on your next renewal date will lock in the plan and you will still get it, even if it is otherwise no longer available by your renewal date.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Best way to change plan is to change at renewal time Because you will loose what's left of the plan and have to pay the full next month if you do mid month.  Go in plan change and after you select which plan you want it will ask you change now or change on your next renewal. Because it's prepaid there's no prorated or anything, if you want to change today you'll have to have the available funds in your account and you'll forfeit what's left on your current plan! 

Need Help? Let's chat.