cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice

Dubbasnubba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my plan yesterday to one with more data and I was charged TWICE. I would like the one charge of $42 to b returned to the card i have on file for autopay. How do i get that done

12 REPLIES 12

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Dubbasnubba, double-check your credit card statement. When I first started with Public Mobile, I thought I was being double-charged and I wasn't. If my credit card shows me that it was charged twice, and then that's a no-no. But, if there was only one, then I know it's a Public Mobile weird billing system.

Another thing is when you changed your plan. If you had just renewed your old plan, and decided to change the plan the next day or two, and said 'Change Plan Now' then, unfortunately, you will be charged the full amount. Of course, the best option would be if you selected to Change Plan on Next Renewal Date.'

changePlans.png

Hopefully, it was the latter option. Another scenario is that the second charge that was charged, did it go straight to your Available Funds too? So, if you got charged twice, did you see in your Available Funds $80 then?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Dubbasnubba 

When you manually change your plan the autopay does not execute, you have to withdraw funds manually before making immediate change.

The only exception is if your renewal was that day, then your credit card was charged shortly after midnight that day.

Please check payment history

Do you still have that amount as credit?

@jennawilliams1 Thanks I did not know that. You should send them a message to notify them that this is happening.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so usually there are no refunds.  Can you post a copy of your statement masking any personal info ?

jennawilliams1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@gblackma   I'm a different person.  I do not know @Dubbasnubba , I was simply just saying that I think its more of a glitch in public mobile since so many other people were also charged twice. Not just a one person thing. 

I had no changes to my account and was charged twice, my fiance was charged twice, three of my friends were charged twice and my mom.

Hi @jennawilliams1 

If both of your accounts were charged twice are there 4 chargers on your credit card?

Also when you manually change your plan the autopay does not execute, you have to withdraw funds manually before making immediate change.

The only exception is if your renewal was that day, then your credit card was charged shortly after midnight that day.

Please check payment history

@jennawilliams1 are you the same customer as @Dubbasnubba or is this a second account? Is the same credit card paying both accounts? Or

Did you do a switch plan immediately, just after you paid your 30 day cycle renewal date? If you did, you lose the money that you originally paid to renew and you are immediately charged for the new plan.

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DubbasnubbaI would contact the moderator team.

At the top right of your screen next to your profile picture, click the message icon, then search for the user "Moderation_Team" and send them a message.

Good luck.

jennawilliams1

I think I would just be charged again regularly next month. It does not say on the public mobile account there is any additional funds.  It just says it on my credit card. So according to public mobile, I have only paid once but to my credit card its twice.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dubbasnubba 

The only way to do it is to contact moderators

If will take up to 4 weeks for funds to go back and that will be just about your renewal time

Unless this is your very last cycle with public mobile I would suggest you leave it on your account

jennawilliams1

My account and my fiance's was charged twice also. And I did not change anything on my account at all. 

I'm wondering if there was a glitch in their system and charged everyone twice..

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dubbasnubba Is it possible that there are 2 accounts on the credit card? Did you switch on your anniversary or immediately? Does the $42 show up as a credit in your self service account, or when you dial 611? If it does, its better to leave it, and  it will be applied as payment on your next 30 cycle renewal date. Refunds usually take around 30 days here. 

To get a refund you have to contact the moderators.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Need Help? Let's chat.