cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice

Patricktemple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I've been charged twice and I'm trying to contact customer service but apparently there's no phone number. 

I would appreciate if someone pass it to me.

37 REPLIES 37

@PatricktemplePlease do not post these type of screenshot that show things such your phone nubmer or account number. I have remoeved the image from your message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@hjohn86 to my surprise, I recently  learned that if you put your phone on lost/stolen. Then PM doesn't charge you for Service. As long as you take it off, pay and reactivate your self service/ my account before it goes dormant in 90 days.

It still runs out the clock on the paid term though. There are reward risks with using the feature as well.

@hjohn86 : in future, toggle off autopay to not let it renew when the term expires Sorry...you said paid twice. nvm Yes the lost/stolen lets you suspend your service. The 90 day clock starts then. The plan is still kinda active until its term is up and if you were to resume service before then then it would just come back. After the term then you would need to pay up. But there are risks with rewards.

@hjohn86 to my surprise, I recently  learned that if you put your phone on lost/stolen. Then PM doesn't charge you for Service. As long as you take it off, pay and reactivate your self service/ my account before it goes dormant in 90 days.

@hjohn86 wrote:

I paid twice inadvertently and wished to suspend my service @ Jan. 14. However, Public mobile took my money and used it for service. I am out of the country and couldn't use it.

@hjohn86  Best to submit a ticket to PM and see what they say. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@hjohn86 wrote:

I paid twice by clicking on payment twice inadvertently. How do I get a refund or credit to my account?

@hjohn86 If your paid twice one of the payments will automatically go in your account as a credit and will be automatically applied during your next plan renewal.

hjohn86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid twice inadvertently and wished to suspend my service @ Jan. 14. However, Public mobile took my money and used it for service. I am out of the country and couldn't use it.

hjohn86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid twice by clicking on payment twice inadvertently. How do I get a refund or credit to my account?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@@

Edit: or maybe he double clicked on making a payment. ??

Edit again: ah yes. and there's no autopay reward which would suggest he manually pays for his renewals

@Anonymous  yes possible he did a double click or a back button.

Yes that's another one no auto-pay reward. So his due date was Jan 27th. If he signed up in December we would have seen a $4 credit or at least a $2 credit if he made a few payments in the past

@Patricktemple  Since you have a $15 credit in your account that amount will be automatically used to renew you next plan so don't make a payment before your next renewal in February and everything will be back to normal after your next renewal. Also enable AutoPay so that you can get a $2 credit every 30 days so your renewal amount will be $13.00 plus tax instead of $15.00 plus tax.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@Patricktemple  so from your screenshot you should have a $15 balance correct?

His balance is shown up top and the top right number in the history. So yes.

@Anonymous  good eye 🙂 I did not look that high up lol. I see now it's there but also his account number is showing.

@Patricktemple please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and edit the post to delete your personal information (Account number)..as it's visible for the public to see. You will have to delete the picture completely.

Also you will have to click your badge on top right and click my profile... scroll down to pictures and delete it from there as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

His balance is shown up top and the top right number in the history. So yes.

Edit again: ah yes. and there's no autopay reward which would suggest he manually pays for his renewals

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Patricktemple  just looked again at your statement it says "top up" which means you did them manually possibly??

I believe it would say "Autopayment " in the description if the system processed an autopayment as that's what I have seen on other people's screenshots.

Is it possible that you accidentally hit "make a payment" or manually did an additional payment on your own? That might be the reason why you have a second charge??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patricktemple wrote:

That's better. So yes. You were charged twice for some unknown reason. But the second charge is in your account now and it will get used for your next renewal. You won't be charged on the credit card next time.

@Patricktemple  For your privacy, don't forget to black out your account# when posting screenshots of your payment history.

Edit:

Note: For your protection balck out your account info and repost the screenshot above. This is a public forum.

Patricktemple

edited by computergeek541: removed screenshot of account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patricktemple wrote:

Well...I can't read that.

Maybe try copy/paste. Or a screen snip not a photo.

Patricktemple

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patricktemple wrote:

Lol thanks but is not about the service. Now is only $15 what if next time happens again? I can't trust the quality of the service 

You came here for the rates. There are little things that go on that go our way and some that don't. When it doesn't then the company makes it right almost all the time. It's a bit of baling twine and duck tape kinda operation. It works perfectly fine for many thousands of people month in month out.

If you would like our help getting to the bottom of what happened then please provide some screen snips as mentioned.

@Patricktemple Contact a moderator and express your concerns. It shouldn't happen.

@Patricktemple wrote:

Lol thanks but is not about the service. Now is only $15 what if next time happens again? I can't trust the quality of the service 

@Patricktemple wrote:

If you post a screenshot of your payment history we can help you with this.

You said in your credit card statement there is two charges of $15...but if you're on $15 plan it's $15 Plus tax. So that doesn't make sense.

If you can post a screenshot we can help you to figure out exactly what the issue and charges are and explain it to you in detail so you understand.

Patricktemple

@Patricktemple If it was posted and you are on the $15 plan and you do not have 2 $15 PM plans on the same credit card. Then you were charged twice. So, your options are to leave it, and let it pay for next Month. Or to contact a moderator and wait approximately 30 days for a refund. 

Is this a new account? Or are you just new here? Also where are you located? It sounds like $ 14.95. Did you round up? 

@Patricktemple wrote:

In my credit card statement shows twice a $15 payment that I did on Jan 27

@Anonymous wrote:

@Patricktemple wrote:

Exactly $15 for both? When did you sign up?

@Patricktemple  that is odd. Because if a charge goes to your card there is also provinces taxes...

Please post a screen shot of what I asked on my previous post in your public mobile account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patricktemple wrote:

Exactly $15 for both? When did you sign up?

Patricktemple

They don't. So let's try to figure this out.

Please log into your account.. under "Make a Payment" there is a button that says "View Payment history" click that. From drop down change "Last 7 days" to "Last 30 days" and hit search.

Take a screenshot of that ( remove any personal information example account number)

Post it here so we can take a look for you.

Also when did you sign up for public mobile?? Possibly in December maybe? When there was a promo for second month free? Maybe you're thinking you were charged but you received a credit,? Unless you were actually charged on your credit card two times?

In any event..post a screenshot of your transactions and we will take a look.

@Patricktemple where is the balance? Is it on your credit card statement? Then you were charged once. Is it a credit on your self service/ my account ? If this is your payment cycle and another payment was applied, then yes you were charged twice. How do you pay? Autopay, or voucher?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patricktemple wrote:

It says that there's a payment for the next cicle but I didn't ask for that. How come they charge without authorization 

You're right. Sometimes goofy things happen. But as I said earlier, if you're not short on money then just let the extra payment pay for your next renewal. But if you are short on money then unfortunately it takes quite a while to get a refund which might take you past the renewal anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patricktemple wrote:

Only have balance for one payment 

So did one payment go to your renewal and the other is there as balance? Or is your renewal upcoming? Are you on autopay or are you topping up manually?

Need Help? Let's chat.