cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice

Cynn710
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can i get a refund back into my bank account? This was caused by the public mobile website having technical issues. 

8 REPLIES 8

markyleung

I have also been billed twice. I have sent a private message to the moderators in hopes this can be resolved quickly.

I was billed April 23 but it did not show as being paid even though my transaction history shows the payment and has the credit card on file. So the account was suspended for lack of payment so I've had to pay again to reactivate my account.

juched

I was also billed twice. 

I'm not going to apologize for Public Mobile, I've called them out a number of times with system issue, failures, and have suggested many improvements since I've joined.  Yes, they need to fix things, and the system *could* be more user-friendly.

But at the same time, subscribers need to research how to use the system.  I didn't join until I knew about the issues, and I noted what to expect *if* something happened.  More subscribers need to understand that they need to take responsibility for their own actions.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mcbridemike wrote:

I have filed a complaint with the CCTS over this. Once papers were sent to them my phone was running again, I got 1 month free. Koodo on behalf of Public called and asked if everything is now okay.

I stated no, the CCTS is still going to look into your computer system cause it seems it likes to over bill customers all the time.

Surprising I never got an answer back after that comment.

**waiting  to see what happens**

Silly. Errors happen. And that's a pretty negligent all-emcompassing statement. I have 4 lines on Public Mobile, and never have been over-billed. To say it likes to over bill customers all the time is exaggeration, and creating drama.

GC

mcbridemike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have filed a complaint with the CCTS over this. Once papers were sent to them my phone was running again, I got 1 month free. Koodo on behalf of Public called and asked if everything is now okay.

I stated no, the CCTS is still going to look into your computer system cause it seems it likes to over bill customers all the time.

Surprising I never got an answer back after that comment.

**waiting  to see what happens**

Cynn710

Thanks guys much appreciated

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cynn710 wrote:

Can i get a refund back into my bank account? This was caused by the public mobile website having technical issues. 

@computergeek541 @will13am Maybe an Oracle could move this up to the paying for plans area.

@Cynn710: What has happened? You probably need to send a private message to the  @Moderator_Team < Click this. You probably wouldn't get money refunded back to the bank account but you would likely get refunded into your Available Funds account here.

Thanks - the thread has been moved.

@Cynn710 , normally there are no refunds, but since there was a website issue, you would have a very good case to get such a refund. 

Was it one of those things like when the site tells you that your card was declined but charged your card anyway?  By the way, any such refund wouldn't be sent directly to your bank account unless the tranaction was done with a Visa Debit card.  It would be sent back to same card that was charged.

I would check to see if the amount is in your account balance.  As z10user4 was saying, even if you a refund is warranted, it's sometimes just easier to settle for a service credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cynn710 wrote:

@Cynn710: What has happened? You probably need to send a private message to the  @Moderator_Team < Click this. You probably wouldn't get money refunded back to the bank account but you would likely get refunded into your Available Funds account here.

Need Help? Let's chat.