cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice within 3 days

evimyftaraj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I got charged on auto-pay on February 23rd. Today, I purchased a 200 min US add on for 8 dollars, and when I went to pay it charged me for my plan + the 8 dollars, even though I paid for my plan already. Does this mean it charged me for the upcoming month of March, or did it make a mistake in charging me twice?

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

@Kolinka wrote:

Chanced my plan and got charged twice both done today

Did you choose change plan now? If so you would not get any credit for your original plan. You should have chosen change on next renewal date.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”.

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”.

Step 6: Create your ticket.

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

Kolinka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Chanced my plan and got charged twice both done today

evimyftaraj

Thank you everyone.

Yes @evimyftaraj  that's exactly what it means. 

@evimyftaraj wrote:

I believe so. Does this mean I can just use the money in the account to pay for my next bill without it charging my card again?

evimyftaraj

I believe so. Does this mean I can just use the money in the account to pay for my next bill without it charging my card again?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@evimyftaraj wrote:

This is what shows up on my self-serve account.

Available Funds: $52.00

Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Mar 24, 2020

Payment for Next Cycle: $52.00

Amount Owing: $0.00

You have $52 available fund in your account.  Although PM took more money from your CC, PM had left the fund in your account for future payment.  Am I correct?

You were right @evimyftaraj . It seems that you were charged again in error, based on the information provided. If the $52 showing in available funds is the amount charged this morning. Then it would be best to leave it there. The funds will be used to pay for your March cycle. And it takes approximately 30  days to process a refund.  

@evimyftaraj wrote:

evimyftaraj

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@evimyftaraj wrote:

I was charged on February 23rd. And I was charged today as well. 

What is the amount of available fund on your account?

If the available fund is equal to or more than 1x charge, PM took the extr fee and left it in your account for future renewal.

Also check your payment history on your account to find out the details.

@evimyftaraj  thanks. And this is off your credit card statement right? Do you have more than one account with PM attached to the same credit card?  If you look into your self service account, is the extra charge showing as a credit there? If it is not, please contact the moderators and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket) . Or contact them directly using this private message link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. 

@evimyftaraj wrote:

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It may be the case where your auto-pay failed (it happens occasionally) and didn't charge your credit card on Feb 23rd. So when you purchased the add-on, it would charge you your cell phone plan + add on. 

However, if your auto-pay did go through and it charged your card on Feb 23rd. If you would pay again the most likely scenario would be the extra funds would be added to your account (so you could pay it next month). 

If none of the above, I would contact a moderator.

Green Question on this page lower bottom right corner

Ask to "speak to a human"

Then you should be able to create a ticket with your issue. 

evimyftaraj

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@evimyftaraj could you check your credit card statement and see if you were charged on February 23rd? Also, check your payment history in your self service account.  It looks like you autopay failed and that's why you were charged for both the add on and plan today. Thanks.

@evimyftaraj wrote:

Hi everyone,

I got charged on auto-pay on February 23rd. Today, I purchased a 200 min US add on for 8 dollars, and when I went to pay it charged me for my plan + the 8 dollars, even though I paid for my plan already. Does this mean it charged me for the upcoming month of March, or did it make a mistake in charging me twice?

Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.