cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice this month when I only clicked the pay button once

msobutka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I was just wondering about how this happened and how I would go about getting a refund? I topped up my accoubnt but was charged twice. I only clicked on the amount due option and clicked submit.

FireShot Capture 010 - Public Mobile - Transaction History - selfserve.publicmobile.ca.png

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msobutka wrote:

Really it takes a month to get a refund? Are you serious?!

If you're tight on cash then yes that's a ridiculous amount of time. It's how things work here.

If you're not tight on cash then the money will just sit in your Available Funds here and be used at your next renewal or if you want to buy any add-ons.

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You see the Balance is a positive $40, which is still your money. Why not leave the credit there, and wait to be debited for your next cycle. 

msobutka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Really it takes a month to get a refund? Are you serious?!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@msobutka  First of you should consider enabling AutoPay to get an additional $2 off your renewal every 30 days. If you do have AP enabled you should submit a ticket to have PM investigate why it's not being applied. Looks like your renewal was on Sep 29th. Did you make an additional payment after your renewal was processed? As other have mentioned the $40 is sitting in your account and will be used automatically during your next plan renewal.

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us button to access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form.

Hope this helps.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@msobutka wrote:

Hi there, I was just wondering about how this happened and how I would go about getting a refund? I topped up my accoubnt but was charged twice. I only clicked on the amount due option and clicked submit.

FireShot Capture 010 - Public Mobile - Transaction History - selfserve.publicmobile.ca.png

It looks like you made 2 payments.
You clicked on pay for your plan which is $39.
Then you probably clicked again and manually entered payment of $40.

No worries though. Your extra payment is there in your available funds
and will cover your next renewal.

Btw if you signup for AutoPay, you'll save $2 every 30 days.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@msobutka  I'm not sure how it happened but you can leave the 40$ in your available funds and it will take it next month on the renewal night

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@msobutka, refunds is a very slow process.  If you look at the balance, you do have $40 of credit which will be available to use for the next renewal.  It is doubtful that you would get a refund before the next renewal.  From what I recall it is more a month lead time. 

Need Help? Let's chat.