cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice fot new plan on my credit card

Kolinka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got charged twice for new plan it has nothing to do with charge for old plan knew I would lose that.It was a double charge for new plan one after another on card

7 REPLIES 7

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kolinka 

Do you still have one of to payments as your available balance?

If yes it's best to leave it as is

If not, check your statement again, sometimes ghost pending transaction still shows up after the same payment went through. Usually clears out in couple of hours. If you do have two transactions, then contact unit credit card customer service to get transaction IDs for each, then contact moderators and ask them to sort it out. You will probably get the account credit that will be used against future renewals. As everybody mentioned moderators can be reached here https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Kolinka have both charges gone through? Sometimes they will sit in pending and the second charge will clear in a day or so. I have this with my groceries when I do the online pickup. And at a gas station as well. They will charge a preapproved amount then the actual amount. Freaked me out the first time. I called my credit card co they said wait a few days and if it is not an official charge it will clear.

@zblackma sorry didnt see your post. 

keep safe out there!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Kolinka Contact the moderators and explain your situation. Click on the green question mark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the auto bot Simon. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!").

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kolinkasometimes there is a pending charge on the credit card. That disappears over time. Please log into your self service account or call 611 to see if there is a credit balance for the amount of the second charge. If there is consider leaving it to pay for your next 30 day cycle. As it take approximately 30 days to get  a refund.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Kolinka Hello if you think you were double charged click on the? Lower right hand corner and ask Simon the bot to speak to a human this will help generate a ticket for you to speak to a moderator please keep in mind if there was an overcharge it takes 30 days to get a refund it may be best to leave it in your account to pay for your next cycle have a great day

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance to have a look at the double charge.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”.

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”.

Step 6: Create your ticket.

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kolinka 

Check your payment history.  You were charged twice on your credit card, but one charge might still be in your available funds, which can be used for next month.  

If you feel comfortable, maybe screenshot your payment history page.  Omit any personal information.  

Need Help? Let's chat.