cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice for December

batoulfarhat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 
I have auto pay enabled on my account, I am wondering why 2 amounts were charged on my account for the month of december??

Can someone contact me about this my number is 289 xxx xxxx.

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18

@batoulfarhat

Bonus is time limited offer.  As long as you sign up during the promo period, it should remain part of your regular plan/cost.  I believe that they can't take away your bonus as long as you continue to pay.

Of course, PM can increase fees at any time in the future. 

batoulfarhat

@Dunkman what is the bonus? and how long does it last?

@batoulfarhat

You can go to the build your own plan section and try different combos.

For example

90 day, unlimited Canada,international text 6 GB + 1.5 GB bonus for $120

90 day, unlimited Canada,international text 3 GB for $105 (similar to your plan)

90 day, unlimited Canada,international text 12 GB + 3 GB bonus for $135

batoulfarhat

@Dunkman you were mentioning other plans, can you tell me more about similar 90 day plans for approximately the same cost I pay now ($111) that offer more data?

batoulfarhat

I do see where the $101 is coming from, but was confused about the second charge, I will send a message to the moderator hopefully theycan help me with this situation. Thank you for your help @srlawren@Dunkman

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@batoulfarhat you previously mentioned $90 after rewards, and $90 + 13% sales tax is exactly 101.70.  If you plan is $111, that means it's actually $111 + taxes.  However, with your rewards reducing the plan amount to $90, that means your plan costs you $90 + tax, which in your case is $101.70.  

The other amount of $142.38 is $126 + 13% tax.  So I'm pretty sure I've got the right tax amount.  As for what the $126 is for if you didn't change plans, I have no idea.  Are you sure you don't have another line with Public Mobile that is charged to the same credit card?  There are no corresponding charges in the transaction history you posted, so it's a mystery where that has come from.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@batoulfarhat

You are right, the second charge does not make sense unless you changed plans, which you did not.  $90 + tax (13$) might equal $101.70 depending on which province you live in.  The $111 per month is before taxes.... you will need to pay taxes on top of $111.

You can contact Public mobile employee/moderator via private messaging.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Hopefully, the moderator can sort things out for you.

batoulfarhat

On my credit card it shows 2 transactions of $101.70 and $142.38 on the 2nd and 4rth of December. I only looked at my transaction history after seeng the credit card statements.

First of all, none of these amounts are correct to reflect my $111 90 day plan with the rewards: $12 loyalty and $6 autopay. 

I noticed going back to other payments as well that they have been charging me more than $111 every 90 days. 

Second, is there any one I can talk to directly? This does not seem to be helping, and explaining the situation is more difficult through this forum. 

Would hate to have to leave public mobile after 8 years of being with them. @Dunkman @srlawren @CS_Agent

srlawren

@batoulfarhat as @Dunkman noted, you are actually misreading your transaction history.  Have a look at your credit card statement and I'm 99.9% sure you are going to see ONE payment to Public Mobile, for the amount of $90 + tax.  The other thing you think was a charge is actually a credit.  When you add more than 1 service (talk, text, data), PM gives you a bundle credit.  They only ever show you the price after the credit when you look at the plans page, but when you look at transaction history you see the "raw" cost of each service, and then the bundle credit which reduces it.

You can learn more here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-Website-Changes/m-p/18323...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@batoulfarhat

You were billed 111 dollars for 90 day plan.  Charged 90 dollars since you got rewards.  How much were you expecting to pay?

The billing history is confusing, especially for 90 day plans.  You did get credit for 60 dollars to offset some of the charges.  But at the end, you paid 111 dollars.  Billing history looks fine to me.

BTW, you might want to look at some newer 90 day plans.  Renew at next renewal date.  Ie. For 120, you can get more data and canada wide calling.

batoulfarhat

Capture.JPGI have attached a photo of my transaction history. @Dunkman @Anonymous @Shutdown @CS_Agent

@batoulfarhat

If you want, you can screenshot your payment history page without any personal information.  

Otherwise, you will need to contact moderator via private message.

batoulfarhat

No I have not perfromed a plan change recently. I checked my payments after to check for previous months as well and realized I am getting overcharged for my plan evey time, I dont' go over my data or use add-ons.. Vey unhappy about this. How can I get help regarding this matter? @CS_Agent

srlawren

@batoulfarhat wrote:

Hello, 
I have auto pay enabled on my account, I am wondering why 2 amounts were charged on my account for the month of december??

Can someone contact me about this my number is 289 933 7358.

Thank you.

@batoulfarhat as mentioned by @Anonymous and @Shutdown, if you performed an immediate plan change, this is the normal and expected behaviour.  Please see here for more info:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-was-charged-twice/m-p/303481/highlight/true#M55293

srlawren

@jam6 wrote:

@Shutdown I am new to the community. What is a mod? How can I contact a Mod? I thought Public Mobile did not have customer representative. Thanks!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

jam6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shutdown I am new to the community. What is a mod? How can I contact a Mod? I thought Public Mobile did not have customer representative. Thanks!

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you didn't change your plan then it was just a double charge issue that some people have with PM. You have to contact a mod to get reimbursed for the 2nd charge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @batoulfarhat.  First off, you should edit your post and remove your personal information, since this is a public forum.

That said, are you sure you didn't perform a plan change this month?  Any chance you could post a screen shot of your account history (without any private information).  It might shed some light on the issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.