cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged multiple times upon sign up

Sjoshua_11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all. It looks like I was charged 4 times for my first month when I first signed up for Public. Probably an issue with my computer at the time. I submitted a ticket a week ago and still have not heard anything or seen any charges returned to my credit card. What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Sjoshua_11 

If the charges actually stayed on your credit card then check if you have a matching “Available Funds” total when logging into your Self Serve account. Actually you could potentially have a higher total there after allowing for one of your credit card charges that paid for your activation. If you used a referral to activate you will have an additional $10 and if you signed up for Autopay to your credit card you will have an additional $2 or $4 in Available Funds.  

If the $$ is there in Available Funds it WILL go to work arts your next few renewals so it isn’t lost and may just be easier to leave it there rather than trying to sort out a refund. It is as though you topped up to cover your plan for the next few months. Of course if the money ISN’T there then for sure you need to go over it all with the moderators.

AE_Collector

@Sjoshua_11 , that's great!

I hope they sorted it out for you.

@Sjoshua_11 

Do the funds appear in your account or are they charged to your credit card from a problematic activation? And not in your account? Tickets do close after 48 hours. Either create a new ticket thru Simon or send a private message detailing your issue to the moderators. If you choose this route...

Send a private message to the Moderator_team. Type Moderator_team in the send bar, credit card charged multiple times in the subject bar and describe your issue in detail. Include the following in your message:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, phone number# and pin#.
  3. If you don't know your pin# include at least three of the following:
  4. Last payment, date,amount, type and last 4 digits.
  5. Alternate phone # if any.
  6. Date of birth.
  7. Autopay y/n?  Type, last 4 digits.
  8. Plan amount, any add ons? Recent plan changes.
  9. Security question and answer.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Allow for a minimum 2 to 8 hours (up to 48 hours) for a response. Wait times are currently longer than usual especially for non urgent requests.

Sjoshua_11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New to Public, so didn't know a response from the moderator was in my Community Inbox. They replied back to me last week. So I submitted another ticket. Thanks!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sjoshua_11 ,

If your credit card was charged four times for one 30 days cycle, then put in another ticket with the moderators if this appears to be a mistake, and explain your situation. Tickets close automatically after so long (i think after 48 hours).

Or keep the balance in your Available Funds, it will just be taken out the next few cycles.

Private message to moderators, here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.