cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged more than listed

Randene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I’m new to using Public Mobile. For the past couple months I was charged 0.40 cents for taxes on the monthly payment. This month I was told my total bill was $13 but when it was actually charged it came to $14.95. How can I see why there is a discrepancy/if there was an error?

Thanks everyone!

6 REPLIES 6

@mimmo wrote:

The charge is correct. Assuming 15$ plan, 2$ autopsy and 15% tax = $14.95

You could have had a bonus credit or there could have been a system error.  But be assured you are now paying the correct amount.

If you really want to know post your transaction history from self serve or look at the line that says credit card payment add the taxes and see what that number corresponds to your credit card statement

Are you a medical examiner???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Randene wrote:

Thank you, I guess the bigger mystery is why I was undercharged the past couple of times... but I won’t look too closely at that. 

Perhaps you signed up for a $10 a month promo. Perhaps you used a referral code for a $10 credit. Perhaps you signed up choosing autopay right away for a $2 credit.

@Randene Did you activate online? They don't always charge tax during activation. It's an error.

Randene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, I guess the bigger mystery is why I was undercharged the past couple of times... but I won’t look too closely at that. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The charge is correct. Assuming 15$ plan, 2$ autopsy and 15% tax = $14.95

You could have had a bonus credit or there could have been a system error.  But be assured you are now paying the correct amount.

If you really want to know post your transaction history from self serve or look at the line that says credit card payment add the taxes and see what that number corresponds to your credit card statement

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM charges sales tax so $13 with 15% HST would be 14.95.

Need Help? Let's chat.