cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged but not activated

Peters361
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all I chose to change / reactivate my phone plan today (5 days prior to expiry due to being out of data and away from home ) .my credit card was charged and funds are showing in available funds however it has not actually taken the funds from their or activated my new plan with data usage , I did click immediate option, I have tried a few times .Any help would be appreciated as I only have 40 mb left

4 REPLIES 4

@Peters361

Other options include:

(since moderator wait times are long these days)

1.  Buy a Data add on right now, 1 GB for $30 (expensive option).  But, the unused data will roll over to next month.  

2.  Change your plan to another different data plan immediately.  Pay for that new plan and it will last the next 30 days.  The $40, 4.5 GB plan is back.  Or pick the $50, 8 GB build your own plan (unlimited US or Canada talk/text).  However, if your plan is an older grandfathered plan, you will lose that plan forever when you do the switch.  If you like your present plan and it is not available presently, do not switch.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peters361 wrote:

Hi all I chose to change / reactivate my phone plan today (5 days prior to expiry due to being out of data and away from home ) .my credit card was charged and funds are showing in available funds however it has not actually taken the funds from their or activated my new plan with data usage , I did click immediate option, I have tried a few times .Any help would be appreciated as I only have 40 mb left

As you've discovered and the others have explained, you can't do an early renewal of the *same* plan without help from the mods.

If you're willing to spend excess money then I've read of a workaround where you do an immediate plan change to the $10 plan. Check that's it's all in place and working. Maybe even restart the phone. Then do another immediate plan change to the plan you want.

But you are spending the extra $10.

This isn't a good strategy if you're on the $10 plan as there's no lower cost plan to switch to temporarily.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Peters361  are you trying to change to your current plan or to a different plan?  if same plan only mods can do that if a different plan are you getting an error message?  if so only mods can do that as well. 

try changing to a different/yes similar plan a couple $ more or less expensive then ask mods to change you to the plan you want. the reason i am suggesting this is mods are replying in 3-4 days.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Peters361, did you try to renew the existing plan early?  This is one feature that's not available in the self serve portal.  You can select a different plan and apply the change immediately.  However you can't do an early renewal of an existing plan.  This can only be done by the moderator team.  If this is what you are looking to do, the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.