cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Twice for 90 day plan/Account Suspended

TimeGlass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined Public Mobile on Aug 2, 2017 and paid the fees through my credit card. However, I could not text anyone this morning. (Aug 19, 2017) I checked my account and it was locked out because it said I didn't make a payment? I tried changing my APN settings to no avail until I repaid the entire amount for 3 months. Is there a glitch in the AutoPay system? This seems strange, so any help is greatly appreciated as I should not have had to pay again.

14 REPLIES 14

TimeGlass

No worries...these situations get the best of us sometimes! Totally okay to be frustrated...I know I was haha. But so long as solutions are being found to our issues, we should be okay in the future. Common problems are expected during the baby steps of any company haha.

D_K
I agree we have become overly dependant on tech. And the mod that worked with me was great. What i didnt like and which I've never dealt with in 20 years of using cell phones was being accused of not paying my bill. This wasn't human error so and they did thier best getting it resolved. I was just a little thrown off from this happening. Actually.. My apologies to all if I came off harsh in anyway.

Take care.
DK

TimeGlass

I agree, but in hindsight, it also shows how dependent we are on technology. These outages do happen with other providers for silly reasons...it's the nature of technology (I can recall Rogers outages and even more recently, Bell outages out east). Murphy's law always holds true. Hopefully this doesn't happen again, but it's much like a car. Do we drive it expecting it to fall apart or break down? Not at all, but when it does, we curse from the heavens above. I'm taking this as a baby step towards improvement because while the Mods are taking some time to recover accounts, they're doing so to the best of their ability. All we can do is hope that they use this event as a lesson in how to improve. The situation sucks, I admit. But it is what it is...nothing is for certain, so plan for the unexpected.

D_K
Same here but still very uncool. If I was working I would lose money. That is not going to happen. If I had a life or death emergency and my phone didn't work. Very very uncool. Someone could die. I'd hold Public Mobile liable. If this happens again I will discontinue to use them. I just cant afford such unreliability. No one should tolerate some of the things like I have been reading. We will see what happens now. Again this is only my first week with them. So far it's been good other then this issue of my account being suspended for no reason. We know that the issue was on thier end. Lets for thier sake it doesn't happen again.

Kojackbaby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had same issue with mine and wife's accounts. Contacted "Moderator_team" yesterday (19th) and got reply today saying their sorry for their error and they have credited both accounts (I paid again for 90days on both accounts on the 19th)

TimeGlass

They will! Just be patient...so long as you messaged the Mods, your issue will be put into cue and resolved soon.

newf2456

Im have the same issues, still not resloved. long line up i guess. hope they will reinburst.

TimeGlass

My issue has been resolved! Thankyou PM Mod team!

groan

You can use this link to message the moderator team

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/22...

Let them know what you've encountered and they'll get back to you as soon as they can. No doubt they have a lot of messages to go through today so be patient.

TimeGlass

Sadly most of us did Auto-Pay because there's a discount for using the service. Life is always a compromise...sometimes for the worst, at least temporarily.

D_K

It's only been 5 days since I spent $165.00 on this service. And yes I absolutely need my phone. We all do. This is not cool.

D_K

With what I have been reading there is no way I will allow them auto pay. No way! I was going to do that but I thought I'd test the service first. 5 days in and this happens. They better get this fixed.

TimeGlass

If you absolutely need the service and are signed up for AutoPay, you can let them charge your card again and your service should be restored. Else, you can email the Mods in a private message with your cell phone number, email, and SIM card number and explain the situation. All we can do until they respond is wait. I'm sure they will give us credit towards the next payment.

D_K

Same here. I am waiting for them (who's them?) to turn my service back on. I have only been with Public Mobile 5 days. Paid $165.00. $165.00 for 5 days of phone use is much more expensive then my Telus plan. And Public Mobile is Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.