cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Three Times

dpetras
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have three separate charges for the same plan. Is there someone I can talk to to resolves this?

dpetras_0-1632485990274.png

17 REPLIES 17

@softech wrote:

@dpetras   PM only charged once as you see on the Transition History.    If you want to be absolutely sure , contact both the credit card and PM

There was an issue with failed activations and customers getting charged more than once. To my knowledge, this was happening for some of the activations when someone was trying to port a phone number in.  Public Mobile's response was to refund the extra charges a few days after they occured, but the customer had to open a ticket with the CSAs.

@dpetras 

Well that's new one....a bit of half and half. Honestly you're ground zero for this issue. Take some pride in being the first I've heard of this.....I hold to a theory that if you have a frustrating activation you will also get glitchy good things happen to your account as well.

dpetras

support said: "I discovered 2 failed activation attempts. The payments were done successfully."

Looks like the payment system needs to be looked into so that it doesn't charge until after an account is successfully activated.

@Yummy 

I'm not so sure that's exactly what happened as usually this can only happen with different sim cards. Hopefully the OP updates us.

How it is possible to create multiple accounts using same email address and same SIM/phone number?

@dpetras 

As @softech  just mentioned if you went thru the entire activation process 3 times then you created 2 additional "ghost" accounts that are hidden because they use the same email, password etc...during set up online so they can't be seen or accessed by the customer.

So contacting the CSA's is a must using the same key words but explain to the CSA that you accidentally created two extra accounts with the same email and account details. They will cancel the "ghost" accounts and refund 2 ×$15 ='$30 to your credit card or credit your account.

@dpetras 

Did you activate on September 18th and get a couple of errors during the payment portion? Were you third time lucky and your payment went thru on your third attempt? If so you accidently charged your card 3 times trying to get the payment to go thru when the system glitches by not returning a successful payment message.

Check your self serve account to see if you have $30(2×$15)+$10(bonus referral credit) +$2(autopay reward)=$42 in your available funds of your balance. If so you have two choices:

1. Leave it in your balance to pay for your next 3 renewals(you will get another 3×$2=$6 in autopay rewards). You won't have to worry about payment til mid-january.
  2. Contact customer support and ask for a refund. Refunds can take up to 30 days to process. 

If the funds do not appear in your account balance contact  customer support with your credit card and transaction # of the two extra charges for the CSA's to trace the charges and issue a refund or credit your account. (The latter being faster.)

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "triple charged on activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dpetras   did you just activated ?  Was there any issue in activation back then?

The only possible reason might be you have activated multiple times in the beginning.  This is possible and common when people activated in store, the agent saw some error and use another SIM to activate again without knowing the original activation in fact went through.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@dpetras wrote:

These are 100% not pending on my account. They have already gone through and have been posted as charges.

If they're still there after a few days, you can open a ticket with CS via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@dpetras   PM only charged once as you see on the Transition History.    If you want to be absolutely sure , contact both the credit card and PM

Here are the way to  contact PM Customer Support Agent:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**After the ticket is opened, monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  CS Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community

dpetras

These are 100% not pending on my account. They have already gone through and have been posted as charges.

@dpetras   It should be fine.  You only got charged once as shown on the Transaction history.  Probably just a pending charge.  Keep an eye on your credit card and you might see it dropped from your credit card after couple days

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@dpetras wrote:

dpetras_0-1632486637922.pngdpetras_1-1632486660050.png

I'm guessing it might have something to do with when I initially tried to register with a new SIM card but got error 821 a couple times and my card was still charged.

If you're only charged once in PM, that means your credit card is just showing "pending charges" They will be cancelled eventually.

dpetras

I didn't attempt to change my plan other than multiple failed attempts at registering a new SIM card.

dpetras

dpetras_0-1632486637922.pngdpetras_1-1632486660050.png

I'm guessing it might have something to do with when I initially tried to register with a new SIM card but got error 821 a couple times and my card was still charged.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@dpetras wrote:

I have three separate charges for the same plan. Is there someone I can talk to to resolves this?

dpetras_0-1632485990274.png

Do you  see all these charges in  your PM payment history?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dpetras   What is showing on the My Account?  Logon to My Account , check if there is any Fund sitting as Available Fund.

Also, go to Transaction History in the Payment Tab  and see if there are any reference to the 3 charges around the date you got charged.  Maybe share the screenshot and we can see if it makes sense

BTW, did you try to make any plan change around that date?

Need Help? Let's chat.