cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge twice

AppleMin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday, I activated my phone.

Today, I find out that it charged twice in my account ($17.25, $14.95)

What's wrong

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AppleMin : Do you possibly have two accounts that you pay with the same payment card?

Otherwise, so 15 * 1.15 = 17.25 and 13 * 1.15 = 14.95. Is it possible the larger charge is in a pending status showing on your payment card?

That then the lesser charge is your $15 plan minus the $2 autopay reward.

No. You just activated. Still...a charge might be in pending status.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AppleMin wrote:

Yesterday, I activated my phone.

Today, I find out that it charged twice in my account ($17.25, $14.95)

What's wrong

Login to your PM self-serve account.

1.  What is the amount of your available fund in your account?

If it is equal to or more than your plan cost + sales tax, PM took your money from your autopay cc by mistake and left it in your account to be used to pay for your future renewal.

2.  Check your payment history to determine what is the total amount paid to PM.

3.  You can wait a couple of days to find out whether your cc pending transactions become posted or not.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Having two charges on activation isn't entirely surprising because there are a lot of parts to Public Mobile: namely Plan, Add-ons, Top-ups, SIM, and everyone's favourite... taxes! 

What province are you located in?  For example, if you're in Quebec, I believe the taxes are 14.975% that would make your two charges $15 and $13.  This could be the $15/mo plan plus SIM/Add-ons/etc.

If you're willing to provide us with your Account Balance and what you activated/bought, we can try and break this down for you.

Alternative - if you're not comfortable sharing your financial/account details, it's understandable and you can always reach out to a Moderator for account-specific inquiries.  Otherwise, let us know and we'll step you through what we can!  🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi what is your balance?

Is you have excess money on your account it will be used next time.

Did you purchase any addons?

It doesn't really addup to any plan with tax

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AppleMin 

Did you activate in store or at home, online?  If in store, you may have been charged for SIM card and 1st month plan fee.  Or did you also purchase an add on?  

Maybe check your payment history in your self service account.

Need Help? Let's chat.