cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing sim card

Thuse14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi. I have ordered a triple punch SIM card because I phone an iPhone and it uses nano sim. Can I change my service to the new one? If so will I keep my current plan which is the $20 plan because I had it for 4 years.
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

The above post wrote:

Hi my name is xxxxxxxxxx

I want to change my sim card number .

My phone number is xxxxxxxxxx.

My old phone is lost. thats why i need this sim number on my existing phone number

Do you have the new SIM?

If not, you would want to use the Lost/Stolen function first to stop service on the lost phone.

mariaduda

Hi my name isxxx xxxxxxx

I want to change my sim card number .

My phone number is xxx-yyy-zzzz

My old phone is lost. thats why i need this sim number on my existing phone number

Edited by StoneChucker to remove personal information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayc33m wrote:

I activate my prepaid sim card today . Run a speed test using Speedtest app on data twice. Turn off data. Check my data usage 422 mb. I verified the mobile data usage on my android phone 400 mb for Speedtest app. Speedtest uses less than 15 mb to to test . Please advice how to dispute data usage. Thanks

@jayc33m 

The speedtests do an automatic way of figuring out how much data to shovel down the line depending on how fast the connection is. LTE is pretty fast. Thus it shovels a bunch of data down to do its test. When on a slower connection it'll dial itself down and send less data.

We all do it once. Then we see the consumption and lesson learned.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jayc33m wrote:

I activate my prepaid sim card today . Run a speed test using Speedtest app on data twice. Turn off data. Check my data usage 422 mb. I verified the mobile data usage on my android phone 400 mb for Speedtest app. Speedtest uses less than 15 mb to to test . Please advice how to dispute data usage. Thanks

PM's data tracking is very accurate if you go into your usage history tomorrow you should be able to see your actual usage. If you're on a low data plan doing speed tests is not advisable.

@jayc33m Check your other apps, many use data unless you block it. And turn all updates to wifi only.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jayc33m wrote:

If your own phone says you used 400 MB, then you're looking for the 22 MB?  Note, the apps on the phone will also use some data in the background.

The first few days the speed is not throttled. 

If you want to dispute this, you can send a message to the mods.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jayc33m wrote:

First 3 days after activation, you are getting full LTE speed - Not the throttled 3mbps speed.  You phone usage is very closed to PM usage.  No much you can do dispute your usage.

jayc33m

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Thuse14 wrote:
Do I need to pay if I do this?

Hi @Thuse14 @markjanzen

I hope all the answers could help to solve your questions. Order the simcard for free and go online/phone to get switch. 

Please let us know any feedback and then this discussion could be closed and marked as solved. Yeah. 

Man LOL

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I would consider buying one of these old plans off someone just to get phone support lol

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@markjanzen and @Thuse14, since you have legacy plans, you can call in directly to swap your SIM card. As mentioned already, go ahead and order a new SIM card for free and once you receive it, call 611 and have them register the new card with your existing plan.

Yes, you can also use the online system, but depending on how well the online self-serve site works for you, it might be smoother to call it in. There should not be any charge, as far as I know.

markjanzen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

im on the old $40 plan from dec 2014 - can i switch to a smaller sim via phone or only online? thanks

TroyDaBes

The sim card and shipping is free. You will only pay if you want the sim to shipped faster. 

Bigmac

@Thuse14 wrote:

Hi @Thuse14, Just order new SIMcard for free. And follow my steps, then enter new simcard ICCID/IMEI number. Done. 🙂

Bigmac

Hi @Thuse14,

I don't think you need to pay. 🙂

Thuse14

Thuse14
Would I need to pay if I do this?

Bigmac

Hi @Thuse14,

For sure, you can change SIM card and keep your current plan with your phone number. Go to "My account" - select "Plan and add-on" - "change simcard".Then here you go. You get everything you want. 🙂

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Thuse14,

Yes  you can switch you plan on the new SIM card. If you've been with PM for 4 years, than you can simply call them to have your services switch on your new SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.