cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan payment issue

SoundMind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was trying to upgrade from the $15 plan to the $25 plan and there was a message saying to proceed I had to make a payment on my account and the amount automatically defaulted to $25 so i paid it. After that I clicked “Change Plan Now” and got another message saying:

“Important: Before proceeding please note that:

The change will take place immediately.

Any payments you’ve made on your current plan cannot be applied towards your new plan.”

So now I’m confused. Does that mean if I do change my plan now that I will be out $10 because my current plan is only $15 and I just paid $25??

8 REPLIES 8

SoundMind

Ok I will go do that then thank you kindly for the help.

@SoundMind yes, you are correct. and the remaining $20 will be used for your next renewal date or for whatever you choose.

SoundMind

Ok it says my available funds is $25. So I can just purchase that addon and it will deduct $5 from that?

@SoundMind you can purchase the $5 500 min add-on instead. you don't need to switch plans

if you have "available funds" in your account youre not out money. 

amount due-01~2.jpeg

SoundMind

Or now that I think about it will I be out the entire $25 and have to make a whole new payment once I switch to the new plan? 

SoundMind

Well due to an unforseen family problem I ended up using all of my 100 minutes in a couple days which is why I wanted to change plans now. My last renewal date was Aug. 7 and the next one is Sept. 6 so I obviously can't wait until then to change plans.

So I guess I will be out the $10 if I go ahead and change the plan now? If so that's pretty stupid because like I said it automatically put the $25 amount in for me so I merely assumed that was the correct payment to make. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@SoundMind depending on how far you are in your current plan/cycle. you will lose any remaining data/mins if you change immediately

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SoundMind wrote:

I was trying to upgrade from the $15 plan to the $25 plan and there was a message saying to proceed I had to make a payment on my account and the amount automatically defaulted to $25 so i paid it. After that I clicked “Change Plan Now” and got another message saying:

“Important: Before proceeding please note that:

The change will take place immediately.

Any payments you’ve made on your current plan cannot be applied towards your new plan.”

So now I’m confused. Does that mean if I do change my plan now that I will be out $10 because my current plan is only $15 and I just paid $25??

@SoundMind hi it means you will pay 25 dollars and lose what you already paid for your old plan you should have changed at next renewal

Need Help? Let's chat.